JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Funny thread. I toss things where they fit. The only thing I have slightly organized is powder and primers. Other than that I have 3 large metal filing cabinets full of just about everything. Then tgere is and entire closet filled with stuff, the safe, then what's left goes in the garage somewhere in a drawer on the work bench if it's lucky.

In ladies shoe boxes so my wife doesn't know how much crap I have...
Haha that is awesome since I do pretty much the same. Old jewelry boxes she never uses (I think brass is the best precious metal anyhow), shoe boxes, sock drawer, and everything I can possibly fit in my horribly horribly unorganized safe.

Motivated by the post, I ordered 80 or stackable plastic bins like these:

51jNG6XCq-L._SL1000_.jpg
http://smile.amazon.com/PB8500R-Den..._indust_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=05W3YRPWSDFM5G0T4BJ3

And several louvered wall panels to hang them from
http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B008KABBG4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

supplies in 2 big roughneck plastic bins stacked in the garage with all the other bins but clearly labled "old dirty underwear" to trick the thieves.

Except the ones with sick fetishes. There seems to be an abundance of them out there. :\/\/\

I felt a little cringe when first saw the title of this thread, and then started reading it and quickly realized I'm "normal" - thank you fellers!

Hey, aside from my daily carry piece it's all in one room, okay?

Guns in the safe, with a loaded magazine for each. "HD" piece within reach. Loaded rounds, extra magazines and powder in a locked metal cabinet. Bullets and cases in a metal cabinet with pull out draws.
Extra parts and AR tools in a tackle box. Miselanious Stuff in a filing cabinet along side my desk. I think I've got things pretty well under control.:D I only cast for 3, but I reload five calibers.:)

Last Edited:
I found it easier to just buy another safe. I''m up to three right now.

I like the idea and would love it but at least a couple grand on a couple more safes would buy me so much more fun stuff. I likely would end up having to go through piles in all three safes to find stuff anyhow. I know my limits and organization is not something I am skilled with..Though driving my father in laws van while my car is being fixed makes me feel like Mr clean. Foul nasty old man he is.

I was at an estate sale awhile ago and they had a huge old double door safe in the garage.
A sign said "make a bid" on the door, so after thinking about what a pain it would be to move, I wrote down $125.00 on a bid sheet and left.
They called me back that evening and said, "Come and get it, you're the high bid".
It took most of the day to move. That thing must weigh over 4,000 lbs.
It broke the pallet jack that I rented and my overhead shop crane would barely lift it out of my trailer, so it was a controlled crash down onto the floor.
There are good deals on safes, you just have to keep an eye out for them.

That is an awesome deal. I can imagine that it was a ridiculously hard move but a large safe like that is an absolute steal at 125. I need to go to more garage and estate sales.

I got lucky and scored a six-pack of these off of Craigslist. They stack nicely, hold all the ammo I can get in them and only one drawer of each section can be opened at a time so you can't tip it over. Three full of ammo and three full of magazines, holsters, targets, parts, etc. They are pricey ($230) new, but I got them for $70 apiece. No, I'm not normally an organized person, but with these it is easy. I was really surprised at how sturdy they are, considering they are intended for CDs and DVDs. Literally hundreds of pounds in the ammo drawers.

http://www.tsimetalworks.com/stock-pop-details.php?productsID=431

21-600_300x300.jpg
CD: DVD: VHS: AUDIO & MEDIA STORAGE CABINETS Make more use of valuable display space with our compact and stylish storage cabinets. Each drawer glides smoothly to full extension. Easy to form a counter-top for fast: efficient access to merchandise. Stack a 2-drawer on top of a 3-drawer and you have a normal workspace height. Stores VHS tapes: audio tapes: CDs: computer supplies: DVDs: books and magazines. Storage cabinets include locking system for greater security at no extra charge! Colors: Beige: Gray: White and Black. Ships assembled. Dividers and mobile caddy sold separately. 3 Drawer Storage Cabinet Holds: 180 videos: 855 CDs: 396 DVDs: software Size: 20 1/2inH x 37 1/2inL x 20inD (Black)

View attachment 221584

A per the norm guns in safe pistols in one rifles in another. ammo, powder and primers in a stand up cabinet holster and belts hanging anything extra is in plastic stackable shoe boxes. usually I can find what I am looking for in a day er so o_O:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top