Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

how do you all organize your gun stuff?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by bakersman345, Mar 17, 2015.

1. bakersman345

bakersman345 Camas wa Well-Known Member

Like ammo, mags, extra crap you've collected.

I need a better method. - the guns are in the safe, everything else is in random boxes, on top of the safe, or on the floor. :)

2. albin25

albin25 Lewiston Idaho Well-Known Member

I got 3 of these to hold the packaging, unused locks/accessories, unused optics, manuals, extra cleaning supplies, etc....They slide under my workbench.
    I store my extra ammo in an eclectic collection of garage sale tool boxes.
    31bf7Vsi3pL.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/GSC-UB2042-Un...ageorganization&ie=UTF8&qid=1426631775&sr=1-8
    Got mine at WalMart (Amazon listing is just for reference), during after Xmas sales they almost give them away.

3. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

4. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

Poorly. I organize them poorly.

5. F2CMaDMaXX

F2CMaDMaXX West of Portland from England Bullet goes where now? Staff Member Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Hmm, good question, i'm slowly getting to the point where it's becoming inconvenient for me too.

Currently just using second hand target store level draws and cupboards.

6. lowly monk

lowly monk Beaverton, Oregon. Just a guy. Bronze Supporter

Long guns in safe, With some pistols on shelf. Spare magazines in plastic bins. Ammo and cleaning supplies also. Some tools and cleaning stuff stays on workbench.

7. F2CMaDMaXX

F2CMaDMaXX West of Portland from England Bullet goes where now? Staff Member Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I bought one of those MTM range cases with the rifle stands in it, thinking, this will be great to keep everything in one place.

Having a gun cleaning desk means it just sits on the desk taking up space, never moving and everything half hanging out because it's not designed as a shelf, but as something you can pack things back into and take home.

I guess i need a desk shelf type thing instead to store all the cleaning supplies.

8. edslhead

edslhead Vanc Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

Nightstands, boxes here and there, floor of the closet, under the bed................. I have trouble finding things when I need them.

9. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

All firearms and loaded magazines go into the safe, the bulk ammo & other stuff go into a horizontal filing cabinet (think office type 4' wide) & of course the heavy stuff goes in the 2 bottom drawers.
    It is lockable too.

bakersman345 likes this.
  10. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

The stuff that I keep in the top of the safe I put in priority mail boxes. They are all the same size and easy to swap around. There are also some little parts bins for small bits.

It doesn't look all that organized but it works pretty good. One box has cleaning stuff, one has slings, one has holsters, one has tools, another has furniture and take offs.. You get the idea

safe2.JPG

11. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

If it's organized you ain't got enough stuff.:D

12. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Yep, me too. I do have nearly all the ammo in ammo cans and most of them are in a cupboard in the garage.

Everything with a serial number is in the safe.

13. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

How do I? Not very well. Or, sorta well in several different places.
    My gun stuff is scattered throughout several different places, but it's pretty much grouped together.

14. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Organize ?????? :confused:o_O

Caveman Jim likes this.
  15. thewhitebuffalo83

thewhitebuffalo83 Gresham/Boring Well-Known Member

I like the priority shipping boxes, might be a temporary fix and appease the misses temporarily. She really hates how all my shooting stuff has taken over the closet and bedroom.

16. bakersman345

bakersman345 Camas wa Well-Known Member

My old lady gets on me as well. She seems to think the walk-in closet is hers, yeah...

U201491 and Caveman Jim like this.
  17. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

I am a pilot, pile it here and pile it there.:D

18. Koda

Koda Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

supplies in 2 big roughneck plastic bins stacked in the garage with all the other bins but clearly labled "old dirty underwear" to trick the thieves.

U201491, Caveman Jim and orygun like this.
  19. ch139

ch139 teh gehtoe Active Member

Lateral file! They work great! Usually find deals on good heavy duty units on craigslist.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  20. 44 Guy

44 Guy Washington State Member

Ammo - stored in military ammo boxes (got a dozen 50 cal for free) and locked in a cheep gun safe. Weapons - stored in a high end gun safe that is bolted to a concrete floor.

U201491 and Caveman Jim like this.