JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Rem Oil and 0000 steel wool.

works every time and leaves it looking like new.

I'll tell ya', cleaning like the Marshal says isn't as easy as he shows it to be. A lot of scrubbing is involved. It would almost be easier to remove the cylinder so you could scrub with the cylinder and not the scotch bright. I like the steel wool idea though. I could only find 000 steel wool though when I went looking some time ago.

I'll tell ya', cleaning like the Marshal says isn't as easy as he shows it to be. A lot of scrubbing is involved. It would almost be easier to remove the cylinder so you could scrub with the cylinder and not the scotch bright. I like the steel wool idea though. I could only find 000 steel wool though when I went looking some time ago.

It needs to be 0000. Anything more abrasive can scratch your bluing or in this case leave scratches on the stainless steel.

Ive never ever had a scratch with 0000.

Order it on amazon if you need. A package lasts a long time for me.

It needs to be 0000. Anything more abrasive can scratch your bluing or in this case leave scratches on the stainless steel.

Ive never ever had a scratch with 0000.

Order it on amazon if you need. A package lasts a long time for me.

No steel wool is touching ANY of my blued guns! That's as long as I'm not dealing with rust anyway. I only had the 000 steel wool to gently massage through the hardened linseed oil covered stocks on a couple of 100+ YO guns.

Call me lazy but I never cared about the burn rings on the cylinder.
My guns are shooters not safe queens or show pieces, I just clean the barrel and each cylinder with a bore snake and call it good.

I bring it into the tub.

ernie-sesame-street.jpg

Ultrasonic cleaner! Admittedly, I haven't done a revolver in mine, yet, but it works great on other stainless guns. All the burn marks and plastic holster marks come right off.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top