JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They don't explain how they get their data -- maybe from states with true registries or backdoor registries, but I at least hope that the reported 2m (NRA) to 2.5m (NSSF) new gun ownders as of June 4, 2020 is correct:

I think the link got deleted along with other posts last night, but this study/research supports my assertions and the trends (scroll down to the graphs by state) support what I have been saying for some time now regarding the percentage of ownership decreasing over time:

This was over a 4 year period and the data is four years old so it won't account for trends this year, but I doubt even the buying spree we have been seeing this year would have that much effect.

A lot of people have been assuming many of these buyers are new and some significant percentage are new owners, but that is just an assumption, one that may be wishful thinking. Even if true, a few months of buying would just be a blip.

If past history of panic buying is any indicator, a significant number of new owners will either sell their guns when the panic passes, or they will stuff them away in a closet and forget them. I doubt any significant percentage of new owners who were anti-gun in the past will vote any different in the future; cognitive dissonance is just human nature after all.

TH,

Sadly, I agree.

Us 'Gun Nuts' actually 'like' guns.

We go to the range because it's fun and keeps us proficient, but if one's heart isn't into it, yeah, into the closet the guns will go, forever to be unloved, un-shot and never cleaned.

TH,

Sadly, I agree.

Us 'Gun Nuts' actually 'like' guns.

We go to the range because it's fun and keeps us proficient, but if one's heart isn't into it, yeah, into the closet the guns will go, forever to be unloved, un-shot and never cleaned.

I gotta admit this is a good analogy for a lot of things in life like empathy, understanding, tolerance and integrity.

We pretty much have precedent on the NFA. If there was a way to get them to rule the NFA unconstitutional we would have had it by now. Unfortunately, the SCOTUS rarely goes against precedent - it would be too inconvenient for the legal system.:rolleyes:

I think Miller is too weird given the defendant didn't even show up and only one side argued it. I think there are plenty of handles to use if the will existed to overrule it and hold the NFA unconstitutional. But with the current SCOTUS makeup, I don't think the will is there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top