How do we stop idiots like this guy ...

Andy54Hawken

Reactions
  • Army
  • Law Around Here
"We" can't stop someone from doing something like Mr. Favret did.

Favret is responsible for his own actions....unfortunately all firearm owners will be judged and held accountable for his actions that day.

While it is deemed unfair to judge other groups, as a whole , by the actions of individuals within a given group....
It does appear to be fair and acceptable to judge all firearm owners , as a whole , by the actions of a few.
Andy

OP
DLS

DLS

Reactions
  • Marines
  • National Rifle Association
  • Fight For Your Right
  • Three Bags of Trash
  • Howdy Y'all
@Andy54Hawken , I agree with you and know that "we" can't stop idiots from being idiots. I was more venting than anything.

All we can do is to insist that the full repercussions of the law be applied to "our own" when they do this type of thing, and not fall in and protect idiots like this. And most of us do. So a better question is how do we get the message out when we do push for consequences for acts like this guy?

Andy54Hawken

Reactions
  • Army
  • Law Around Here
@DLS
That is a good question....
All I can really say is that :
Whatever you do with a firearm in the public eye...
You will be representing all firearm owners with everything you say or do.

As far as getting the message out...
I don't know...
I like the lead by example technique...but that don't get ya any headlines...:D
Andy

Seems more like a racist gone wrong then a bad gun owner...
Agreed.

As to what to do? Throw criminal morons like this in jail. From the charges, and the moves his employer made, it looks like the fool is about to have a very dramatic change in his life for the worse.

Glad the couple wasn't physically harmed. Unfortunately some innocent bystanders (us responsible gun owners) will be linked by an irresponsible media to this kind of behavior.

Old Noob

Reactions
Yes, what Paul Favret did was wrong.

But, why did race even come up?? I really don't see why this is even in the story " who identifies as Mexican-American ". Or this is in the title "Hispanic couple".

It was about trespassing not anything else according to the story. It not like he jumped out of the truck and said racist things.

It is just the race baiting media and others that are trying to divided us Americans.

Reactions
So a better question is how do we get the message out when we do push for consequences for acts like this guy?
the most neglected and forgotten advice to gun owners, legal use of force training. That's how we stop guys like this from acting like idiots.
...and then its one of the most widely rejected pieces of advice buy many gun owners.

Reactions
A JDAM strike on his property when he is away ? Too much ?

As it is , he got canned from his job already and the company is doing damage control by putting as much distance between him and them as they can. I’m sure he will get his 15 minutes of fame and will get his life properly ruined , get a nice felony record and will stop being a legal gun owner.

This is the type of thing that will ultimately win the majority of the population over to banning guns. This is what the non gun owning person sees more often than not ... its no wonder why they vote the way they do. :(

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder
Cerberus Training Group
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sunset Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Gordon is a great guy, highly recommend doing business with him.
    • NWGN
  • Rapid Fire Arms
    5.00 star(s)
    Have done several transfers through this shop. All were pleasant experiences. Folks were friendly and pleasant, prices were fair. I wouldn't...
  • Gorge Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Good little shop. Have transferred numerous pieces here and it's always been pain free. My only little gripe is limited hours (currently not...
  • Money Market Pawn Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    Great place to pickup from sites like Davidson's. Low fees. Friendly folks.
  • Money Market Pawn Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    This has been my go to for all transfers. Peter, the two Jasons and Joe have always been very professional and accommodating. The transfer...
Top Bottom