JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"We" can't stop someone from doing something like Mr. Favret did.

Favret is responsible for his own actions....unfortunately all firearm owners will be judged and held accountable for his actions that day.

While it is deemed unfair to judge other groups, as a whole , by the actions of individuals within a given group....
It does appear to be fair and acceptable to judge all firearm owners , as a whole , by the actions of a few.
Andy

@Andy54Hawken , I agree with you and know that "we" can't stop idiots from being idiots. I was more venting than anything.

All we can do is to insist that the full repercussions of the law be applied to "our own" when they do this type of thing, and not fall in and protect idiots like this. And most of us do. So a better question is how do we get the message out when we do push for consequences for acts like this guy?

@DLS
That is a good question....
All I can really say is that :
Whatever you do with a firearm in the public eye...
You will be representing all firearm owners with everything you say or do.

As far as getting the message out...
I don't know...
I like the lead by example technique...but that don't get ya any headlines...:D
Andy

It doesn't matter what you do, the media will always spin you as a crazed nut.

The answer is re-elect Trump and impose stiff penalties for inaccurate reporting and a censorship board.

All I can say is
1594428966376.png

Seems more like a racist gone wrong then a bad gun owner...

Agreed.

As to what to do? Throw criminal morons like this in jail. From the charges, and the moves his employer made, it looks like the fool is about to have a very dramatic change in his life for the worse.

Glad the couple wasn't physically harmed. Unfortunately some innocent bystanders (us responsible gun owners) will be linked by an irresponsible media to this kind of behavior.

Yes, what Paul Favret did was wrong.

But, why did race even come up?? I really don't see why this is even in the story " who identifies as Mexican-American ". Or this is in the title "Hispanic couple".

It was about trespassing not anything else according to the story. It not like he jumped out of the truck and said racist things.

It is just the race baiting media and others that are trying to divided us Americans.

So a better question is how do we get the message out when we do push for consequences for acts like this guy?
the most neglected and forgotten advice to gun owners, legal use of force training. That's how we stop guys like this from acting like idiots.
...and then its one of the most widely rejected pieces of advice buy many gun owners.

A JDAM strike on his property when he is away ? Too much ?

As it is , he got canned from his job already and the company is doing damage control by putting as much distance between him and them as they can. I'm sure he will get his 15 minutes of fame and will get his life properly ruined , get a nice felony record and will stop being a legal gun owner.

This is the type of thing that will ultimately win the majority of the population over to banning guns. This is what the non gun owning person sees more often than not ... its no wonder why they vote the way they do. :(

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews