JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am going to show my cynical side (yeah, don't keel over in shock), but the kind of people who don't pick up their trash, whether they are shooters or whatever, are not the kind of people that will be motivated by rewards - they are the kind of people that will be motivated by someone punishing them for not picking up their trash.

In any group of people, there is always a minority who think the rules of polite society and cooperation do not apply to them. This minority usually assumes (often correctly) that they can ignore their responsibilities and other people will take up the slack they cause. I see it time and time again.

Boy, you got that right! Still, though, We gotta try.

Boy, you got that right! Still, though, We gotta try.
Your attempt has merit in that it will provide additional motivation for those already motivated. Also, it would motivate those who haven't thought about the issue, such as young people (i.e., not adults).

So I applaud your efforts, but I am cynical about the people who cause the problem.

I've heard that if you ask the store when they get their shipment in, you gotta be their that day to get any. I don't buy much and very seldom, so, I don't know the reality of availability. (Much less, I'm not up to date on the current cost of 22lr). The last box I got, I think was 333 rnds @ $20 from Sportsman's Warehouse.

Perhaps I should go shopping again and find out!
So I'm going thru miscellaneous gun junk boxes and thought of goodwill stores. What if you had a bin at your shooters info booth for people to leave their unwanted firearms paraphernalia then put a price on it sell at next info booth to fund NWFA? I myself have ear muffs, ar risers archery targets etc.

Hey, there you go. Drop off your unwanted, unused guns! Must be in mint condition. Sorry, no Sanford & Sons stuff! Hurry, before SB941 becomes effective! I'll be glad to take 'em!

Oh well, so much for day dreaming. Problem is, we're not there to raise money or do commerce. So I'm sure we won't be selling anything. Good thought though!

So I'm going thru miscellaneous gun junk boxes and thought of goodwill stores. What if you had a bin at your shooters info booth for people to leave their unwanted firearms paraphernalia then put a price on it sell at next info booth to fund NWFA? I myself have ear muffs, ar risers archery targets etc.

However, I don't see why we couldn't take some donations. Perhaps we could resell somewhere else and apply it toward the Volunteer Dept or a worthy NWFA cause. ???

I am going to show my cynical side (yeah, don't keel over in shock), but the kind of people who don't pick up their trash, whether they are shooters or whatever, are not the kind of people that will be motivated by rewards - they are the kind of people that will be motivated by someone punishing them for not picking up their trash.

In any group of people, there is always a minority who think the rules of polite society and cooperation do not apply to them. This minority usually assumes (often correctly) that they can ignore their responsibilities and other people will take up the slack they cause. I see it time and time again.
Yup you nailedit. Spend time outside of Wally world and watch how many people throw their butt on the ground ~~when there's a butt can right next to the door.

What's nice about this is, at the end of the day we will have a few bags of trash and all we have to do is call Dump Stoppers. They will swing by and load them up. Fairly easy.

I've heard of the idea of placing a dumpster in the woods, but once the word gets out, it gets filled with household garbage. Once full, it becomes a big mess all around it. Then, they still dump in the woods. Never ending! o_O :( :confused:
They will only use them to hang targets on and still leave a mess:(

Yes, @Dbltap , Here's the update. Great to meet you today! Thanks for stopping in!

Another WET booth day. But good. Went well. Having the storage shed was nice and easy. Fewer items made it quick and simple to load and unload.

Handed our 25 -30 packets of information. Actually, that was real good considering how cold and wet it was all morning till 2 pm. Not all were out to shoot today. Many just wanted info for later. Only handed out about 4 trash bag offers (for free splatter target offers) and didn't receive any bags back. Not a good test because not many active shooters today, AND, Dump Stoppers had recently cleaned up that pit.

Had a few NWFA members stop by and say 'Hey'. Thanks guys! Great to meet you!

Thanks Ed Quinn and rangerlars for being real "Troupers" for the cause and manning the booth once again!

Here's some pics.....
Booth 5-16-15 2.jpg

We were well protected!
Booth 5-16-15 5.jpg

Booth 5-16-15 1.jpg
It did get a little busy at times. Like the extra added ventilation that corner sign? (So it doesn't overheat!)
Booth 5-16-15 3.jpg
There was a Rafting ralley a little further up stream that drew a lot of people.
Booth 5-16-15 6.jpg

Just wanted to share my frustration. I just got back from west Eugene, out around salmon creek, this mess was at one of the shooting sights. and of course a Rosboro company truck rolled by while i was there. I wish i had some garbage bags to at least start cleaning, but did not bring any with me today. I wouldnt be suprised if Rosboro or the government,puts a gate across access to this area.

salmon1.jpg

salmon2.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top