JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
REALLY? o_O

We work so hard to encourage an intelligent handling of firearm terms, but it seems manufacturers don't even care about proper terminology.... *sigh* ;)
What'cha think? Maybe trying to appeal to the 'gangstas'?...LOL!

IMG_20140912_093118_resized1.jpg

It hasn't changed. It's no different than a few decades ago when H&K printed the ad with the bullets in the magazine backwards.

All we can do is all we have been doing. Educate, educate, educate. In a nice way, in a polite way. Sometimes people on the forums come across as know-it-all jack-knobs. There's no point in scolding people for it when a polite correction will do, but there's also no point in letting people use terminology incorrectly. Pretty soon a semi-automatic sporting rifle morphs into an "assault rifle"...

Hey Monster
How does a stripper push rounds into a pistol?? . . .
Inquiring minds want to know.
I can picture it but it isn't pretty!?!?!?!

Well Sstrand, I received a .380ACP Grendell as a gift once. Yep, fixed internal magazine! Fed 10 rnds through an M-16 stripper clip. It ran good but a bit of a pain on the load!

Many years ago now, a student showed up for a DH1 course at OFA. On the course sheet which is mailed out to everyone attending prior to the start of class outlining what to bring for supplies/equipment it said bring a minimum of two magazines and preferably three. So when I walked into the classroom just before the start of class I met a nice guy who had a copy of American Handgunner and Guns and Ammo sitting on his table next to his name tent. I ask him; "what, you expect this class to be so boring and unchallenging that you brought reading material?" He retorted; "I apologize as the handout said to bring three magazines but I could only afford to buy two." :eek:

Last Edited:
It is kinda funny/odd.. considering they are selling gun stuff to gun people. Fire that marketing shlub(s).
What to me sometimes sucks is when you're reading a really good book by a big time author about cool shenanigans and what and they totally mess up the particulars about basic gun stuff/nomenclature and or simple physics. Kinda puts me right off the whole dang book/author.

Stephen King used to be real bad about that but has gotten better. I bet after he got a bunch of hate mail for making up calibers and model numbers I bet he hired someone to do some research. And I agree, It sucks being deep in a book and "He reaches for his trusty model X .52 magnum revolver with the sandalwood grips" Wait, What?

As far as the whole clip/magazine thing I gave up caring. I corrected people for a long time, tried to educate folks but when it comes right down to it you can call it "the bullet holder thingy" I don't care.

Use proper terminology, correct someone once. If they listen great and if they don't move on.

I say this because I am the type that gets hung up on such things unless I make a mental effort not too.

Really in the grand scheme of things my piece of mind is more important than your lack of linguistic precision

I got over grinding my teeth when people say "bullets" instead of cartridges/shells (shotgun) a long time ago.. it seems even many of the "guru's"/savants from on high butcher this particular and it's so common I don't even really blink.
But you know they gots the cred when they sez bulletheads so it's all good.

It may be that the advertising agency charged with the creation of this ad didn't have any one on their payroll who had any firearms training...this is still something Crossman should have caught.

It's a tough battle, and even more so with Hollywood using incorrect terminology for so many decades...not to mention Hollywood's blatant portrayal of un-safe firearm's handling.

How about when you see those animations on the crime shows ( Like CSI ) where they show the whole cartridge flying though the air! Just gotta laugh at those.
I love that one.. that's so common it's not even funny.
And I have to cringe seeing those crimped/flute neck blanks lying on the ground and or being belt fed before/while firing. oof, come on

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top