Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

How do I use the classified section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northwest Firearms

Reactions
Posting An Ad
  1. Navigate to the appropriate classified section for the item you want to buy, sell, or trade.
  2. Click the red Post New Thread button.
  3. Select a thread prefix from the drop down menu.
    • Thread prefixes are used to indicate where the item is located and whether the person creating the ad wants to buy, sell, or trade.
      • WTB - Want To Buy
      • WTS - Want To Sell
      • WTT - Want to Trade
  4. Enter a title for the ad in the title box.
    • Ads with short, vague titles don't perform well, so be as descriptive as possible.
    • Don't put the price in the title if you think you might want to change it.
  5. Type your ad in the editor box (the big one).
  6. Upload photos of the item using the Upload Photo button.
    • Ads with photos perform much better, even if it's something everyone is familiar with.
  7. Click the Create Thread button.
Bumping Your Ad

Bumping an ad is the process of bringing your ad back to the top of one of the classified sections, where it gets more visibility. Regular members may bump their ads once every 7 days. As a way of saying thank you to our donors, Bronze Members can bump every 5 days, Gold Members can bump every 4 days, and Platinum Members can bump every 3 days. Bump intervals are automatically limited by the software.

To bump your thread, go into the thread you want to bump, then click the Bump button at the bottom of the reply box. It is not necessary to post a reply in order to bump a thread. If the bump button is grayed out it will display the remaining time until you can bump the thread.

Editing Your Ad

Editing an ad is very similar to posting a new ad. To edit an ad click the edit link located below the ad.

This will display a quick edit box where you can make modifications to your ad. For more advanced editing options, such as adding photos, click the More Options button.

upload_2016-4-18_10-2-6.png

A word on editing thread titles, once a thread is posted members have 5 minutes to edit the title for mistakes. If you need to edit the title after this time, click the report link, type a brief summary of what you would like changed, and click the report button. We will change it as soon as possible.

WE ASK THAT YOU PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE INFORMATION AND/OR PHOTOS FROM ADS ONCE THE ITEM HAS SOLD

Other members often refer to closed ads to determine the market for specific items.

Closing Ads

Members are required to close their classified ads once the ad is no longer active. To do this, go into the ad, click Thread Tools, and uncheck the Open box.

Capture.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    I've done many transfers with these guys. They know their stuff, they're very approachable and...
    • Art_Vandelay
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    I've always felt comfortable at J&B, first time I ever went there I walked out with a new Glock...
    • Zapata47
  • Money Market Pawn Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    Maybe I'm biased since I live 5 minutes away, but Peter and his crew have always been friendly...
    • Zapata47
  • Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    It has been a while since I have been in the store just because I don't get to downtown Tigard...
    • bobcat7677
  • Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Love all the Guys and Gals, the redbeard is pleased. Even if it wasn't 1 min away from my house...
    • SVT-ROY

Staff online