JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
I recently updated my email to my primary use email and let my old one become a junk mail pile.

I did not realize how many email notifications the forum generates. I went into my alert preferences and unchecked all the email check boxes, but I still get them. I want to get the alerts when viewing the site, but no more junkmail. I don't need email notification everytime the Out of Context thread gets a new post, as hilarious as that thread is.

How do I fix this?

Also towards the top of the thread (right above the original post marked #1) there might be a "unwatch thread". Click it and it should unwatch those threads you no longer wish to "follow".

At least that is what I do.

:)

Upvote 0
Screenshot_20180112-071548.png

Upvote 0
I actually tried to kill the emails with similar results... More or less I figured the emails where pointless as I check the site several times throughout the day anyway..

I unchecked all the boxes... still get emails.

Upvote 0
I got email notifications about your reply to this thread and the joy of marriage thread. Its gotta be gremlins in tge software. Or NWFA is becoming self aware and decided it knows better.

Upvote 0
Pretty sure unchecking the boxes in the settings just prevents emails for threads going forward, but doesn't stop emails for threads which are already watched. I'm not sure if there's a way to mass unwatch threads, but I can check when I get home. To see which threads your watching you can click the "Watched Threads" link near the top of the page.

Upvote 0
Go into "watched threads" click boxes next to the ones no longer wanted. Go up to right corner "manage watched threads" click for drop menu select disable email notifications or stop watching. Like Joe said this may need done for previous watched/ email notifications as they were selected before changing your preferences recently.

Upvote 0
Go into "watched threads" click boxes next to the ones no longer wanted. Go up to right corner "manage watched threads" click for drop menu select disable email notifications or stop watching. Like Joe said this may need done for previous watched/ email notifications as they were selected before changing your preferences recently.

Ah yep, there's the mass unwatch. Thanks Don :)

Upvote 0
watching threads shows them in the 'alerts' menu right?

I want that, but I don't want the emails.

Like the OP I unchecked all the email boxes and still get the emails. :(

The two should be separate.

Yep, when watching a thread you have the option of receiving an email, and alert, or both. The two settings pages which control these are below.

<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>

Changing the settings affects watched thread behavior going forward. To change threads you're currently watching you have to go to the watched threads page, scroll down to the bottom, and click "Show all watched threads".

<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>

From the "All watched threads" page you can select which threads you'd like to stop receiving emails for and/or which threads you'd like to stop watching entirely. If you stop watching a thread entirely you won't receive an alert on the site for it either.

Kinda confusing, I know :confused:

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top