JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Overnight is fedexs policy , just depends whose handling your package at the time cause once it's shipped there's no going back but overnight shipping is required .

View attachment 488866
Well, I can tell you that I've spoken to Fedex at their nationwide phone number. I talked to 3 different people in 2 days, All 3 said they have express shipping on handguns 1, 2 or 3 day options. I have bought handguns from members here who have also shipped handguns from private to my FFL Dealer by way of FedEx Express". I know it works, and have done it manyyyyy times. That over night shipping as being "the only way to ship" is bullchit. Try calling Fedex, even talk to a few FedEx techs , and they will say the same as what I said. I just got off the phone with them an hour ago to add again . They said thier policy hasn't changed a bit, and "FedEx express" is still available as a shipping option up to a 3 day delivery service." And by the way BEFORE any handguns are shipped I always call to ask again if they still have thier Express " Shipping option which to date they do. It's thier rules, has nothing to do with who is handling the package. I have always verified with local FedEx, to confirm what thier main office says, and they said everytime I'm correct in that shipping option as I was told by thier main nationwide FedEx center. When I read that kind if stuff it tells me that many people do not do thier homework. My uncle owned a Ruger stocking dealer gunshop for over 40 years, and was a good gunsmith also.
I lived I that shop as much as I could. I'm pretty well versed in most gun related things because of it, and known and talked to a lot if gun writers who I was friends with , and used to pack many of the guns to ship for my uncle's customers over the years, and honestly can't tell you how many that has been. Now days I just ship for myself. I used to ship so many guns to Ruger for various things, that thier gunsmith techs and custom guys knew me by name. I've done lots of it over the years.
Just a super hobby as most of us here enjoy.:D

Last Edited:
I've not had any issues with FedEx Express (1, 2, or 3 Day options), or UPS Ground. It's been said in the posting, USPS for FFL's only, vice individuals, has been the experience here too.

And I charged the buyer $40 to ship.

FedX charged you $40.00? not so bad. If that's the case then I'll keep that in mind. I have a couple of Fedx places close to me, one being a hub I imagine as that's where I picked up the S&W that went back for some work.

FedX charged you $40.00? not so bad. If that's the case then I'll keep that in mind. I have a couple of Fedx places close to me, one being a hub I imagine as that's where I picked up the S&W that went back for some work.

I charged the buyer $40.

FedEx charged me a colonoscopy.

I don't want to talk about it. I feel so vulnerable.

P

Right now at the main page for General Firearm Discussions:
upload_2018-8-15_17-27-57.png

:D

From your area to anywhere in Utah overnight is $34.99 with Ship My Gun. You can't beat Buds Guns discount service.

My guy wasn't on the pick list.

And yes, I expanded the miles by which to search. Not to search by, because that would end the sentence with a preposition.

And unique takes no modifier.

P

I charged the buyer $40.

FedEx charged me a colonoscopy.

I don't want to talk about it. I feel so vulnerable.

I shipped a 4506 S&W, 6 extra magazines, and a holster in a FedEx "Large" box three day service for $45.00 a couple months back. As I mentioned before, start your own FedEx account, anyone with a credit card can get one.

I've largely replaced shipping with USPS by using FedEx, more often than not, i can get a cheaper rate with FedEx than the post office, in fact FedEx had an advertising campaign about beating post office rates recently. You can have the account, and only use it a couple times a year, there isn't a minimum that must be maintained to keep the account open.

Having the account, and pre printing your labels completely eliminates eliminates the gun drama at the counter.

I shipped a 4506 S&W, 6 extra magazines, and a holster in a FedEx "Large" box three day service for $45.00 a couple months back. As I mentioned before, start your own FedEx account, anyone with a credit card can get one.

I've largely replaced shipping with USPS by using FedEx, more often than not, i can get a cheaper rate with FedEx than the post office, in fact FedEx had an advertising campaign about beating post office rates recently. You can have the account, and only use it a couple times a year, there isn't a minimum that must be maintained to keep the account open.

Having the account, and pre printing your labels completely eliminates eliminates the gun drama at the counter.

Thankee for the ad-vice, but Ah ain't doin' it agin.

If'n Ah cain't sell local, Ah ain't sellin' nohow.

FYI it's talk like a hillbilly day.

Tomorrow is talk like a pirate Friday.

P

Can't I do it myself?

You can - but you have to go to a UPS shipping center. The closest one to me is here (there may be others nearer to you):

Address: 6235 N Basin Ave, Portland, OR 97217
Phone: (800) 742-5877

Walk in with the gun already packaged and addressed to the FFL where you are sending it. The guys that work there have always been helpful, even if it does cost a few bucks.

Those small retail UPS stores that typically are found in strip malls or residential areas will generally (mis)quote the law and tell you that it's illegal.

You can - but you have to go to a UPS shipping center. The closest one to me is here (there may be others nearer to you):

Address: 6235 N Basin Ave, Portland, OR 97217
Phone: (800) 742-5877

Walk in with the gun already packaged and addressed to the FFL where you are sending it. The guys that work there have always been helpful, even if it does cost a few bucks.

Those small retail UPS stores that typically are found in strip malls or residential areas will generally (mis)quote the law and tell you that it's illegal.

I think you skipped post #53

P

2yrs ago, I checked with UPS on shipping a handgun to my SIL in Ark... They wanted $70...:eek::eek::eek:

That was not a good option for me, so I took it to my fav LGS and my guy there was glad to ship it for me via USPS. It was very reasonable... charged me shipping cost only... he's a good guy!

I would like to wind up by ending this sentence with a preposition, but I don't know how to. :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top