JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm relatively new to firearms and so I have a beginner's stupid question. I have a Mossberg 590 and I want to put a sling on it. (I know, many of you are saying I don't need one but that can be another thread discussion.)

I have a Limbsaver SW Tactical sling. Now the muzzle area already has a little loop that allows me to thread one end of the sling. However I'm having trouble with the butt of the gun. I'm guessing I need some kind of attachment to thread the sling but I have no idea what. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for all your input.

Sling3.JPG Mossberg1.JPG Mossberg2.JPG

Sling1.JPG

Sling3.JPG

Mossberg1.JPG

Mossberg2.JPG

I'm relatively new to firearms and so I have a beginner's stupid question. I have a Mossberg 590 and I want to put a sling on it. (I know, many of you are saying I don't need one but that can be another thread discussion.)

I have a Limbsaver SW Tactical sling. Now the muzzle area already has a little loop that allows me to thread one end of the sling. However I'm having trouble with the butt of the gun. I'm guessing I need some kind of attachment to thread the sling but I have no idea what. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for all your input.

View attachment 248333 View attachment 248334 View attachment 248335

Several aftermarket manufacturers like BlackHawk and Uncle Mikes make detachable rifle sling SWIVEL SETS that are compatible with your stud posts. The swivel sets give you something to attach your sling snap-on fittings to.

I've got a 590 too, no idea why it came with a swivel post only on the stock. But like 45 sig mentioned, you just need to add a sling swivel to the post on the stock like this:

774577.jpg

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/13...e-super-sling-swivel-set?cm_vc=ProductFinding

If you ever decide to do a single-point sling (something that might be more useful for a defensive shotgun) you can buy a single point sling attachment that installs between the stock and the receiver:

policestuff_2377_2044281541.gif

I've got a stud post with the 1-1/4" sling loop build into the stud.
It's yours if you want it.
You just unscrew the original rear stud post and screw in the new one with the loop.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top