JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently became aware of some Medicare policies that are causing billions to be spent unnecessarily or at least inefficiently. I've tried writing and calling my senators office, making it clear that I only want 15 minutes with a staffer knows something about Medicare. So far, all I get is the "I'll have someone get back to you" brush off. Anyone know how to break through the log jam and be taken seriously.

Senators don't write legislation. Their aides do, along with reps from the firms that they supposedly legislate about. Try waving about 5- $100 bills in the air. Writing your Congressman is essentially a wasted effort. If they really cared about Medicare you would have cheaper drugs and Medicare would not be in debt.

I will say its a valiant effort on your part, but its tilting at windmills.

I CALL one or more of the state offices FIRST AND call their D.C. offices second.

I am on a LIST there (FIRST name basis. They do remember me or most of them do! LOL) and they have helped me with some tax forms too. ONE side has followed through and the other side just gives excuses. Which if I told you which one - most conservatives/libertarians would NOT believe it since they only think ONE SIDE is perfect always. I have letters and p-ss poor excuses or had them in the PAST to prove this too. I showed them to people, not only to my husband, to PROVE that one and/or both sides can be as worthless as teats on a boar!

I repeat the telephone calls and I am on some first name basis with a few politicians offices when it comes to other matters. During the Judge Kav mess. OTHER leaders in those hearings, etc. I called them several times.

I used to get the White House to pick up the telephone and not just with their general volunteers or PAID people with our taxpayer money.

MANY years ago, the telephone did not ring OFF THE WALL FOREVER like it did when Trump was in office during the week. I have NO doubt that it stinks just as much now with Biden in office. They both stink/stunk. Same garbage as with Obama, Clinton and Bush 2. Etc.!

Crazy Land and/or Senile Land? What a freaking choice - NOT!

YEARS AGO, the White House telephone answering people aka operators picked up the telephone and said that NO one could take my call since it was on a Saturday.

NO kidding!

I said that surely the PRESIDENT or someone was working and that the GOVERNMENT had someone working. Etc.! I was NOT rude and they were POLITE WITH ME too. They took a message, LOL, and told me to call back if I wanted to during WORKING HOURS. LOL

I was calling about WACO years ago when I lived in my former state. I have called about other things so I am sure that I am on a LIST with that and other calls. NOT just with FFL forms, political groups in the past, pro gun groups, etc. Plus my late husband has a very high security clearance. My older brother did too - Army time and straight out of the Army, he worked for the Federal government his entire life.

Emails? I rarely EVER DO THEM any longer.

Snail mail letters? Some days but not always.

I do not do FAKEBOOK, I do not tweet, I do not do insta pics, etc.

My former state people in my former state, county and township actually WORKED for the people! MOST of the time but NOT always and the Rs could screw you just as bad as the Ds. Especially when it came to CCW back there. Former R governor who bowed down to the troopers - state patrol and the HEAD of the FOP who did not want CCW for the peons.

Some GOOD politicians, one especially who was a R, OLD SCHOOL, fiscal conservative man, by the LAKE (Another county/township.) worked for us - all of us. This was when I complained about some VERY SPECIFIC FREE boat drops all over with their POOR CONDITION, etc. - I got help and answers. Plus REPAIRS and more. Plus they wanted MY opinions on the ones that were repaired on the river and on the lake.

The state capitol called me when I wrote a COMPLAINT on where MY TAX DOLLAR MONEY WAS GOING for our sail and power boats DNR WATERCRAFT REGISTRATIONS since everything was in such decline - safety wise and more.

The capitol, MY STATE SENATOR, left a message on my answering machine. I returned the call the next day. I told my husband this and he laughed and asked me if I had spoken to Queen Elizabeth too. Anyway, calls went back and forth. I sent them a THANK YOU note for working for us. My friends who were boaters could not get over on how everything was improved too. They complained to each other but they NEVER SENT A NOTE apart and/or ON THE SAME FORM to the DNR - watercraft division about jack squat!

Years down the road, we had PAID private river AND lake front rental docks too. So we used our FREE ones sometimes and for the bigger boat especially - we paid for a dock.

As far as MEDICARE goes... I have spoken to my retirement pension people about a few things AND to my MT political people here. They got a small thing fixed for me.
I did WRITE to them once but writing sometimes is a JOKE even if it gets sent certified or in a big flat rate envelope - insured, tracked and dated.

I have been trying to get the POST OFFICE FIXED (LOL!) with calls, certified mail, been put on hold for HOURS with their toll free number, local complaints, with my state senators, etc. but so FAR - they are just as SCREWED UP AS EVER. I have called and written individual companies INCLUDING LOCAL ONES in state about MAIL issues too. Some of them have addressed my complaints and FIXED THEM but if the USPS IS MESSED UP - ONCE THEIR STUFF - MAIL GOES OUT TO ME FROM EACH COMPANY - it is any person's guess what will happen. Will it get LOST, will it get delivered in a TIMELY MANNER even for first class mail, will it come all torn up or wet, etc.?! Who knows?

Best wishes to you.

Cate

Last Edited:
Senators don't write legislation. Their aides do, along with reps from the firms that they supposedly legislate about. Try waving about 5- $100 bills in the air. Writing your Congressman is essentially a wasted effort. If they really cared about Medicare you would have cheaper drugs and Medicare would not be in debt.

I will say its a valiant effort on your part, but its tilting at windmills.
I don't think any legislation is necessary. The fix I want to propose is simply a policy matter, but I think it will take some pressure from above to get some action. As to windmills...20 bucks of that $10 Billion is mine so what choice do I have ; )

These people don't work for all the people. Only a select few who's warped ideologies they have chosen to embrace. See, there are a LOT of stupid people. When the politician finds something, like the aforementioned ideology, that the stupid people are embracing he will jump on their bandwagon. Money will pour in, and he/she will appear to be making things grand for all peoples. REAL problems seldom get addressed.

One case in point. This is an easy one.....Were going to raise gas tax to repair roads. A substantial amount of that money goes to bicycle infrastructure and studying how to get people out of their cars. They don't repair roads, but we have bike lanes/infrastructure all over the city. In the process they take lanes from the roads and lower the speed limit. Roads deteriorate, Traffic slows to a crawl in the entire city. More fuel is used and therefore more carbon is released into the atmosphere.

You really think even if you DID get to talk to someone, anything would happen?

It isn't good attention, however; if you walk into their office and shoot the ceiling, I guarantee everyone will pay attention to anything you say for a moment. That's how it goes in Hollywood movies, right?

Don't really do this

Last Edited:
Better watch out bro! You're attempting to remove billions of dollars from someone's pocket, who in turn might be contributing to campaign funds of politicians. They might decide to take you out and bury you. :D

P.S.: I'm calling dibs on your guns if they kill you. :p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads