JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
leave it closed or shut down for a temporary basis or longer and/or have a message go to an email account and NOT on the forum IF I should decide to do that?

I have tried to adjust a whole bunch of other settings on my account and I can't FIND the link or button for that PM or direct message closure thing.

Excuse my ignorance here.

Thank you.

Old Lady Cate

Click on your user name in the upper right for account settings > Privacy > Start Conversations With You - change to 'nobody'
Correct.

70BAC697-3BB7-4A67-8D6D-16196B5C8999.jpeg

Upvote 0
leave it closed or shut down for a temporary basis or longer and/or have a message go to an email account and NOT on the forum IF I should decide to do that?

I have tried to adjust a whole bunch of other settings on my account and I can't FIND the link or button for that PM or direct message closure thing.

Excuse my ignorance here.

Thank you.

Old Lady Cate

Are you getting people sending rude messages, or something that offends to you? You can always block people individually you don't want to hear from if that's the case.

Upvote 0
Are you getting people sending rude messages, or something that offends to you? You can always block people individually you don't want to hear from if that's the case.

No, I have no problems there or with any person here.

I may be offline for a time frame.

I did not want messages to come in and someone may think that I was rude in not replying to them.

I thought that this would be an easier thing to do.

Take care.

Cate

Upvote 0
Members and moderators,

Thanks for the help!

That was easy to do and I was looking for something more complicated in all of the choices and subject matters to choose from.

I feel stupid that I even LOOKED at that PRIVACY section too. LOL

This PM/DM box works differently than what I am used to seeing too.

Cate

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews