JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I use foaming cleaners regularly in addition to normal cleaning methods. I think they work quite well and certainly worth a try. I use Wipe Out, which has had very good reviews by others. Sportman's Warehouse carries it for $10 a can. Messy, but the product works. You can leave it in overnight for a really good cleaning. Just make sure you oil any metal the product works on.

FYI, Foaming bore cleaners don't dissolve carbon. They turn it into something resembling ceramic. Try MPro7 to cut carbon. After you clean with foam and are sure the barrel is clean, give it a healthy scrubbing with a brass brush and good old Hoppes #9. Run a patch through, you might be surprised. After using foam for a year I thought two barrels were shot out, they came back after removing the carbon build up from the throats.

FYI, Foaming bore cleaners don't dissolve carbon. They turn it into something resembling ceramic. Try MPro7 to cut carbon. After you clean with foam and are sure the barrel is clean, give it a healthy scrubbing with a brass brush and good old Hoppes #9. Run a patch through, you might be surprised.

Now that is good to know

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads