JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Too bad the gyro jet failed, an interesting concept, poor execution.But heck, rocket propelled ammo, how cool is that! Also the Dardick pistols open chamber firing "trounds"" , another unique concept.
maybe it's us and not them, maybe on some level we just aren't ready for something different.

another thought, revolvers may not be as obsolete as you think. The modern double action revolver has been constantly evolving, and improving over the years, (what do you think all those S&W "dash"numbers mean?). Revolvers have a place as well as autos. For one shot devastation give me a revolver. I suppose it all comes down to your definition of firepower, quantity or quality?

I can't believe how far off track this thread has gone:).
Revolvers aren't as obsolete as people might think cause they aren't obsolete, just outdated. But even older stuff has uses and advantages. Like a map, I don't need connection to read a map. I do need connection to use a lousy GPS.

That aside the gyro jet would have been good for new shooters, seeing as it starts slow but speeds up I'd think the recoil wouldn't be much.

Too bad the gyro jet failed, an interesting concept, poor execution.But heck, rocket propelled ammo, how cool is that! Also the Dardick pistols open chamber firing "trounds"" , another unique concept.
maybe it's us and not them, maybe on some level we just aren't ready for something different.

another thought, revolvers may not be as obsolete as you think. The modern double action revolver has been constantly evolving, and improving over the years, (what do you think all those S&W "dash"numbers mean?). Revolvers have a place as well as autos. For one shot devastation give me a revolver. I suppose it all comes down to your definition of firepower, quantity or quality?

I can't believe how far off track this thread has gone:).
Traditional designs have been through so many iterations that our expectations are high. These same expectations are applied to anything new. A radical new design will attract some of us for the curiosity, but a lot of us will sit back and wait for Murphy to show up.

Until we move onto lasers, energy weapons, etc and as long as there is a need for horse power over fire power the revolver will never be obsolete or even obsolescent. I can't think of a single semi-auto pistol I rather have over my 442 for pocket or ankle carry. Haven't even touched the vast sport aspect and nostalgia.

Too bad the gyro jet failed, an interesting concept, poor execution. ...

I wonder if it would technically fit the definition of "firearm":

(11) "Firearm" means a weapon or device from which a projectile or projectiles may be fired by an explosive such as gunpowder. "Firearm" does not include a flare gun or other pyrotechnic visual distress signaling device, or a powder-actuated tool or other device designed solely to be used for construction purposes.

In a rocket, when the propellant explodes that is considered a failure. So if the projectile uses a propellant that burns rather than explodes, is it a firearm? Is rocket propellant considered an explosive? If a jet gun isn't a firearm, that would take it out of a whole slew of crumby legislation.

In a rocket, when the propellant explodes that is considered a failure. So if the projectile uses a propellant that burns rather than explodes, is it a firearm? Is rocket propellant considered an explosive? If a jet gun isn't a firearm, that would take it out of a whole slew of crumby legislation.
I like that phrase "an explosive such as gunpowder". I'm pretty sure gunpowder is a propellant, not an explosive. So a rocket projectile? No idea. I wonder if the ATF has said anything about it. Then again, they seem to change their minds a lot.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top