Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

How Do I .... Change default Search preferences

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by RicInOR, Jan 21, 2015.

1. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I would always prefer that search show me the most recent first, rather than the current defaults.

I know I can change this each and every time I search by using advanced search.

I'd rather just change a preference/setting and then get that with the regular search feature (upper right of most pages)

Thanks,

2. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

What is the current default displaying as?

3. rick

rick Close to Corvallis, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Speaking of search preferences, I'd love it if the default sort order for the search results was most recent first rather than by relevance.

4. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

so clicking on the " Most recent " at the bottom of the search pane doesn't work? Not seeing what the issue is here.

5. rick

rick Close to Corvallis, Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Issue #1: Having to click "most recent" every dang time on advanced searches.

Issue #2: The quick search offers no choice for sort order. This would be fine if it was always "most recent", but it isn't.

6. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Ah I see what you're saying now. I'm not sure if there's a way to save that option, by default it sorts them based on relevance.

I'll look into this ;)

rick and RicInOR like this.
  7. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Joe Link likes this.