JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When Colt or BCM rejects parts through their QC process, those parts are not thrown into to a dumpster or sent to the bottom of the ocean, they are sold to lower tier companies as "good enough".

Colt LPK are the gold standard but are often out of stock or super expensive, typically found at place like Specialized Armament, Brownells, Arms Unlimited, G&R Tactical (I wouldn't give Charlie's the peanuts of my ****).

I would not hesitate to use LPKs from BCM, SIONICS or SOLGW which all use quality parts from Schmid and KNS.

I bought a stack of SOLGW LPK less the FCG, grip and trigger guard back when they were on sale at Primary Arms for $25 now when they are in stock they go for $40.
Sons of Liberty Gun Works Blaster Starter Kit AR-15 LPK - No Grip/Trigger SOLGW-BSK

BCM LPK with their PNT trigger go for about $120, SIONICS is about the same with several options available, but unfortunately they are in the process of fulfilling LE contracts and are not tasking orders.

Yes I bought a few lower parts kits from SOLGW and they are good quality parts. I ordered from Primary Arms at the time.

48438720-B5D6-4B70-BE03-685AD245E0FB.jpeg

Last Edited:
I have only used bargain brands del-ton, ALG, Anderson, S&W, UnbrandedAR, toms tactical, and the only difference I have noticed is in the triggers. I have had some Anderson triggers that felt great, the worst trigger I have had was in a UnbrandedAR kit.

I did my first build with an Aero Precision Enchanced LPK. What was enhanced on it? I'm not exactly sure aside from it coming with an MOE pistol grip that the standard kit didn't have. I'm pretty sure it makes bullets fly faster, straighter, and switch to a larger caliber once exiting the barrel. My 5.56 turn into 458 SOCOM before reaching their intended target.

In all seriousness...the trigger feels real good compared to my M&P Sport 2. Feels like less force to engage the trigger. Things start getting really pricey when you start looking at the drop in trigger kits.

I did my first build with an Aero Precision Enchanced LPK. What was enhanced on it? I'm not exactly sure aside from it coming with an MOE pistol grip that the standard kit didn't have. I'm pretty sure it makes bullets fly faster, straighter, and switch to a larger caliber once exiting the barrel. My 5.56 turn into 458 SOCOM before reaching their intended target.

In all seriousness...the trigger feels real good compared to my M&P Sport 2. Feels like less force to engage the trigger. Things start getting really pricey when you start looking at the drop in trigger kits.
Probably has a better-polished/etc FCG, like ALG's QMS vs ACT--the QMS is a basic milspec while the ACT is more polished and hand-fitted. Usually "enhanced" means anything better than the standard A2 grip and single-paddle safety.

I figure most companies are not in the business of making small springs and pins themselves, plus I'm always going to replace the trigger and pistol grip, so cheap n cheerful from AIM or CDNN.

I put an Aero Precision LPK in my Aero Precision lower, and it sucked, nothing fit right. I ended up having to get a Colt bolt paddle and roll pin and a few other bits and pieces. My 2nd lower I build using a Geissele LPK and everything went together like soul mates, in other words perfectly and hassle free. There is some truth to you get what you pay for.

I put an Aero Precision LPK in my Aero Precision lower, and it sucked, nothing fit right. I ended up having to get a Colt bolt paddle and roll pin and a few other bits and pieces. My 2nd lower I build using a Geissele LPK and everything went together like soul mates, in other words perfectly and hassle free. There is some truth to you get what you pay for.

Thats wild because mine went in like butter into my Aero lower.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top