How different are AR lower parts kits and what's the best one?

titsonritz

Reactions
When Colt or BCM rejects parts through their QC process, those parts are not thrown into to a dumpster or sent to the bottom of the ocean, they are sold to lower tier companies as "good enough".

Colt LPK are the gold standard but are often out of stock or super expensive, typically found at place like Specialized Armament, Brownells, Arms Unlimited, G&R Tactical (I wouldn't give Charlie's the peanuts of my ****).

I would not hesitate to use LPKs from BCM, SIONICS or SOLGW which all use quality parts from Schmid and KNS.

titsonritz

Reactions
I bought a stack of SOLGW LPK less the FCG, grip and trigger guard back when they were on sale at Primary Arms for $25 now when they are in stock they go for $40.
Sons of Liberty Gun Works Blaster Starter Kit AR-15 LPK - No Grip/Trigger SOLGW-BSK

BCM LPK with their PNT trigger go for about $120, SIONICS is about the same with several options available, but unfortunately they are in the process of fulfilling LE contracts and are not tasking orders.

Reactions
I did my first build with an Aero Precision Enchanced LPK. What was enhanced on it? I'm not exactly sure aside from it coming with an MOE pistol grip that the standard kit didn't have. I'm pretty sure it makes bullets fly faster, straighter, and switch to a larger caliber once exiting the barrel. My 5.56 turn into 458 SOCOM before reaching their intended target.

In all seriousness...the trigger feels real good compared to my M&P Sport 2. Feels like less force to engage the trigger. Things start getting really pricey when you start looking at the drop in trigger kits.

Reactions
  • National Rifle Association
I did my first build with an Aero Precision Enchanced LPK. What was enhanced on it? I'm not exactly sure aside from it coming with an MOE pistol grip that the standard kit didn't have. I'm pretty sure it makes bullets fly faster, straighter, and switch to a larger caliber once exiting the barrel. My 5.56 turn into 458 SOCOM before reaching their intended target.

In all seriousness...the trigger feels real good compared to my M&P Sport 2. Feels like less force to engage the trigger. Things start getting really pricey when you start looking at the drop in trigger kits.
Probably has a better-polished/etc FCG, like ALG's QMS vs ACT--the QMS is a basic milspec while the ACT is more polished and hand-fitted. Usually "enhanced" means anything better than the standard A2 grip and single-paddle safety.

Reactions
I figure most companies are not in the business of making small springs and pins themselves, plus I’m always going to replace the trigger and pistol grip, so cheap n cheerful from AIM or CDNN.

Reactions
I put an Aero Precision LPK in my Aero Precision lower, and it sucked, nothing fit right. I ended up having to get a Colt bolt paddle and roll pin and a few other bits and pieces. My 2nd lower I build using a Geissele LPK and everything went together like soul mates, in other words perfectly and hassle free. There is some truth to you get what you pay for.

Reactions
I put an Aero Precision LPK in my Aero Precision lower, and it sucked, nothing fit right. I ended up having to get a Colt bolt paddle and roll pin and a few other bits and pieces. My 2nd lower I build using a Geissele LPK and everything went together like soul mates, in other words perfectly and hassle free. There is some truth to you get what you pay for.

Thats wild because mine went in like butter into my Aero lower.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Good Friday!
    Had a great first time visit that included a transfer, a special order, and some trading. Can't wait to come back! Also I realized after I got...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Upstanding Vendor!
    Have worked with this business twice and both times were outstanding! Will definitely keep going to him when I'm up in that area! Shoot, will...
  • Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    Hellcat OSP
    I almost put "Limited "Covid induced" inventory" as a Con, but thought that wouldn't really be fair to them! The aftermath of Covid has depleted...
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done a lot of deals here
    Gary's easy to work with when in town.
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Business!
    I have been going to Vancouver Weapon Werx for years and know both owners quite well. The only downfall is I go there to purchase or have a gun...
Top Bottom