JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Mine is from 4 wheelin',since i despise playing in mud ( hate to clean it afterwards) and much prefer big rocks and boulders on the trail,and really like the looks i get after folks tell me that my little Zuk can't do it :D
With the light weight and low gearing,i usually can crawl up the obstacles.
RK

Well since my only post was to give the OP grief about his age certian people I knkow call him Silverback. I will try to stay on topic this time. When I created my first email account I was working as a Combat Engineer which is the MOS 12B and I'm too lazy to try and remember different ones so I use it for everything.

I am just curious how you picked your screen name and why?

I go by Silver Fox because of my 'silver' hair and fox.... well that's a story for another time but it was about how I think and act on my feet as described by somebody I used to work with.

What's your story?

SF-

So are you "THE" Charlie Rich?

Sorry, I had to ask.

Pronounced Wee-Chalk-Uh is a Sioux/Shoshone Indian word for "Trusted or Loyal Friend"

Had a chocolate lab named that, and when Gore invented the net I figured I wouldn't ever get the "Please choose another name, as this one is already taken" notice.

So far so good.

I chose mine because I couldn't think of anything else that I would remember. Name, initial, year born.

You would think it would be unique but I googled it once and there are other people using the same name. I'm the origonal though.:s0114:

timbernet is not short for Tim Bernet like something.
The name of the business I have on the side is Timberline Networks - on a forum awhile back I used timbernet, and then I decided to use it for all forums since it typically isn't taken.

I'm a musician, and I play mostly blues. In my opinion, Robert Johnson was the single biggest influence in blues and rock & roll. The Stones, Zep, Clapton, and ZZ Top have all covered his work, just to name a few. If he had lived beyond the age of 27, he'd be as well known as Muddy Waters. So I use RobertJ. on most my internet stuff.

speelyei

I first read the name when I went to go climb some non-descript basalt blobs along the railroad tracks in the Columbia Gorge. Speelyei's Pillars they were called, Nick Dodges 1960's Oregon Climbing guide. I thought the name was neat, and always have.
I later learned that Speelyei figured prominently in legends and stories among natives of the Pacific Northwest, particularly tribes that moved through the Columbia River Gorge.
Sometimes he's represented by a coyote, and often is a trickster. I liked the history, and the sentiment, and the name is almost always available.
As a child I had grown up hearing of an unfortunate incident that happened up in Washington, in the early 1900's. My great, great Grandfather and his sons were working as drivers on the Lewis River, tending log booms. At some point, a boat they were in capsized in the winter swells, and an Indian man pulled my great Grandfather out by his soaked mackinaw. His brother and six other men were drowned.
Oddly enough, that event occured at the mouth of Speelyei Creek...

Have a motorhome that has a model name of Kountry Star.
We refer to it as the Starship, as it takes us places....well you get the idea. While not a huge Star Trek fan this did seem appropriate at the time (10 years ago).

I got tired of my screen name on other sites(ebay, yahoo, etc, etc.....)

So, since I like Mountain Dew Baja Blast so much that I will to through Taco Bell's drive thru just to get one, I figured it is as good a name as any.

Best Mountain Dew flavor ever, hands down.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

I have bad news, Arkitek. Alas, I am a *GASP* structural engineer. I always mess up the dreams of architects with my pesky columns and beams!

I think you meant to say... in a nice way... you make those crazy ideas architects try to come up with...buildable! I for one appreciate your keen "structure sense" ! Take care...:winkkiss:

Oh I can tell you stories... :s0114: :s0114: :s0114:

I just wish artichokes would keep their "work" inside the building walls. When they try doing site work most of them... well... I suppose they are "trying" to be helpful. ;)

I've been working in civil engineering / landscape architecture for the past 25 years BTW and when the "building guys" don't burn up all of the budget we make their work look REALLY good with a beautiful site! :s0155:

Mutoman was given to me in High School by a good friend. I belonged to a group called the "League of Just Us": Mutoman, Warpoman, Flippoman, etc... We practiced martial arts together as a group every day after school.

I can't remember exactly why my friend gave me this name, I think it was something about guns and silencers (I was a gun nut back then also).

Our instructor was one of our peers who was passing on what he had learned in self-defense training; I think mainly it was a great social opportunity to beat each other up. Anyway, the name stuck and I have used it since the eighties.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top