JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The 'Gunny' was truly an extraordinary individual you should have at least heard of by now. All Marines have for sure, almost all Military and LEOs have too.. Maybe younger folks and newbies to the shooting sports don't know for sure who he was. Unlikely, but possible I guess.

In case anyone here actually doesn't know who 'White Feather' was, a little background first. Besides I think learning about Carlos, or even rediscovering his accomplishments before reading about his methods, will help folks to appreciate the wisdom of his rifle 'Sight-in and Doping' process. So a little back ground first.

His VA bio.

The Godfather of Quantico Sniper School.

And here he is in person talking about his best shot. Spoiler alert, it wasn't the one that everyone else says was the best sniper shot ever made.

Finally, here is the article written by a Marine Armorer who was fortunate enough to be taught how to 'Sight-in and Dope' his personal hunting rifle by Carlos. A truly remarkable and meticulous process worthy of emulation.

Do you keep a dope book? I have gotten lax about it myself. I will be back on it though, its just to important, in to many ways to let it fall to the wayside.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads