JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are some other possibilities. The shooter might have been dumb and thought that vest had ballistic protection. Or he wore armor underneath the vest. Or he had no armor at all, besides the helmet :)

It also does not look like the one in the picture above, so either it is a fake invoice, or he bought something else and wore that.

whats the point? if he had no armor so what he didn't need it. NO ONE ELSE HAD A FIREARM TO SHOOT AT HIM WITH.

Or is this another thread griping that the "moron collective" commonly refereed to as the press didn't get it right while reporting on the shooting.

Here's What We Know About The Equipment Carried By The Denver Shooter - Business Insider

Very detailed breakdown about each firearm used, as well...and you are correct about the AR-15 and not the AK.

This article states that he left the 870 in his car. The other articles state he started his rampage with it, and had left one of his glocks in the car.......

From the artiicle:
Holmes <broken link removed> to the theater: a Smith & Wesson AR-15, two Glock .40 pistols, a knife and a Remington model 870 pump shotgun he left in his car.

There are some other possibilities. The shooter might have been dumb and thought that vest had ballistic protection. Or he wore armor underneath the vest. Or he had no armor at all, besides the helmet :)

Ya but they are drumming it up so they can do a ban on armor mark my words.

This article states that he left the 870 in his car. The other articles state he started his rampage with it, and had left one of his glocks in the car.......

FYI, then the article that I referenced should be thought to be completely false...

Shotgun pellet's 'miracle' path spared Aurora victim's life - U.S. News

Anderson, a 22-year-old aspiring music professor, was hit by a shotgun blast during the assault that killed 12 people. Three pellets struck her arm and one rocketed through her head, but it missed the brain's many blood vessels and key sections controlling vital functions, according to her doctor.

If the shotgun was left in the car, then it is impossible for this victim to have any shotgun pellets in her...so my apologies, I suppose the armor is still up for debate.

FYI, then the article that I referenced should be thought to be completely false...

Shotgun pellet's 'miracle' path spared Aurora victim's life - U.S. News

If the shotgun was left in the car, then it is impossible for this victim to have any shotgun pellets in her...so my apologies, I suppose the armor is still up for debate.

I am not sure that it is "completely" false, but I would question some of their facts. As time goes on, we should be able to get the real story. I think it's just a tad too soon for all the facts to be out.

O crap, just hit post number 420. I guess I can't post anymore LOL, or will have to post up to 666 and stop LMAO!!!

He could have walked in there with a machete or samurai sword and done the same thing, having a particular kind of gun is really not the point. Without anyone in the theater having a gun to stop him he could have kept going. Sounds like he had all the time in the world to reload. Nobody thought to do a Flight 93 on the guy and tackle him. Just one person with a CHL and some training could have stopped this within a few seconds after it started. That is the lesson. You can't stop a madman with a plan by passing more laws. There is already a law against murder. If you are a sociopath you won't care. As for how he got it. Credit card companies will issue to anyone when you are in college. Now I guess he is not too worried about paying back his loans.

That was my fault when i made the post I had just returned from shooting 300 rounds in my NHM-91 so my fiingers typed AK when I ment to say AR sorry about that.

He could have walked in there with a machete or samurai sword and done the same thing, having a particular kind of gun is really not the point.

That's a weak argument. Sure somebody could have cut a number of people in public with a machete or a sword. But their victim count likely would not be that high. Firearms make it easier to kill, especially for poorly trained users.

Same goes for firearm types. The guy could have had the shotgun only, but likely he would not have been able to discharge as many rounds in that period of time, hitting 70+ people.

Anti-gun groups are not trying to eliminate such incidents, they are trying to reduce number of victims.

That's a weak argument. Sure somebody could have cut a number of people in public with a machete or a sword. But their victim count likely would not be that high. Firearms make it easier to kill, especially for poorly trained users.

Same goes for firearm types. The guy could have had the shotgun only, but likely he would not have been able to discharge as many rounds in that period of time, hitting 70+ people.

Anti-gun groups are not trying to eliminate such incidents, they are trying to reduce number of victims.

First Reduction than elimination they never stop with thier first line in the sand NEVER. They just keep moving the line in the sand thier way.

A 3" 12ga shotgun shell with #4 Buckshot has 41 pellets .24"D a 20" barrel shotgun with a full lenght mag extension will hold 8 rds in the tube with one in the chamber

Thats 41 X 9 = 369 24 caliber round balls spread through the target area with 9 pulls of the trigger.

SO DO NOT UNDER ESTIMATE THE ABILITY OF A SHOTGUN TO DO TERRIBLE DAMAGE IN A MATTER OF SECONDS

A 3" 12ga shotgun shell with #4 Buckshot has 41 pellets .24"D a 20" barrel shotgun with a full lenght mag extension will hold 8 rds in the tube with one in the chamber

Thats 41 X 9 = 369 24 caliber round balls spread through the target area with 9 pulls of the trigger.

SO DO NOT UNDER ESTIMATE THE ABILITY OF A SHOTGUN TO DO TERRIBLE DAMAGE IN A MATTER OF SECONDS

And if he had a single-shot .50bmg, he could have shot an entire row of people in that theater with just a single trigger pull :D

And if he had a single-shot .50bmg, he could have shot an entire row of people in that theater with just a single trigger pull :D

And he could have had a bomb and killed everyone in the theater...the fact of the matter is this-

No matter how "illegal" something is, a murderer doesn't care. If I ran out and shot a bunch of people with two 15-round mags or three ten round mags, the amount of damage is still the same and the bullet count is still the same. Calliber restictions, magazine capacity limitations and other left-wing "feel good" gun laws don't do anything but hinder a lawful citizens 2nd Amendment right to bear arms.

*edit*

Just to add, you even pointed out that if you wanted a higher kill count you would simply use a .50BMG. So lets play pretend and say that if the AWB was in effect and Mr. Holmes couldn't get his hands on a pre-ban AR-15. Do you really think that would have detered him from killing people? Obviously this is speculation, but wouldn't it be safe to say that instead of using an Ar-15 with a 10-round magazine he would have used a higher calliber firearm? Maybe a G-3 with .308 FMJ bullets? Instead of 12 dead he could have killed 20!

You ever hear of Charles Whitman? This is a prime example of a determined individual using the tools at his disposal to cause the most amount of casualties. He killed 12 people and wounded 32 others. Do you think he used an AR-15 with a 100rnd drum? A high-cap Glock 17? Nope...

Whitman_arsenal.jpg Whitmans_357.jpg

I get that you have a political opinion on this, but you should realize that shooting massacres in the united states are nothing new. As long as there have been people, there has been murder.

Nevertheless, I can never understand the Liberal mindset when it comes to firearms...I can just imagine this thought of "assault weapons" trying to be applied in caveman days.

"Hey Grug, you can't own a spear shorter than 16" or carry more than 10 arrows with you anymore. Something about them being 'Assault Weapons' now. You also need a permit to carry a slingshot."

Just to add, you even pointed out that if you wanted a higher kill count you would simply use a .50BMG. So lets play pretend and say that if the AWB was in effect and Mr. Holmes couldn't get his hands on a pre-ban AR-15. Do you really think that would have detered him from killing people? Obviously this is speculation, but wouldn't it be safe to say that instead of using an Ar-15 with a 10-round magazine he would have used a higher calliber firearm? Maybe a G-3 with .308 FMJ bullets? Instead of 12 dead he could have killed 20!

50BMG was a joke.

I get that you have a political opinion on this, but you should realize that shooting massacres in the united states are nothing new. As long as there have been people, there has been murder.

You've invented "my political opinion". I was just explaining what opposing forces are trying to do.

Nevertheless, I can never understand the Liberal mindset when it comes to firearms...I can just imagine this thought of "assault weapons" trying to be applied in caveman days.

They have the same issue with us - they don't get this idea of totally armed, paranoid and distrustful society.

USA TODAY said that a Glock 40MM was used in the shooting. I'm a Glock guy, why was I the last one to know Glock had a 40MM pistol? why I ask you.... why!?!?!?!?!

They've also made a 100-rd drum for it that ONLY holds armor-piercing ammunition. They also all come standard with a compass in the handgrips and this thing that tells time.

Time for you to wake up and catch up with the current century, Rip Van Winkle.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top