JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The wife and I drove up to Walla-Walla on Tuesday, on the way back we stopped in Pendleton. About 3 miles out of Pendleton on I-84 the ODOT reader board was flashing some cryptic message about speeding, something like: "NO NEED TO SPEED/SPEED LIMIT INCREASE". What??? A few miles farther down the road I spotted it: a speed limit sign that read 70mph.

So, I'm sure it's old news to folks who watch tv and listen to the radio, but this totally took me by surprise. So I looked it up and found this.

http://www.oregonlive.com/commuting/index.ssf/2016/02/speed_limits_jump_this_week_on.html

LOL, God invented it?

Radar is good until you do get pulled over. Don't they still write tickets just for having a radar detector in sight?

LOL, God invented it?

Radar is good until you do get pulled over. Don't they still write tickets just for having a radar detector in sight?
No it is not illegal to have a radar detector in a passenger vehicle...at least not in Oregon. TheV1 has a discreet module you can put out of sight though. One thing that will nail a speeder is instant on LASER...they ping the detector momentarily as one approaches which is deceptive, but once you are lit up there is no escaping it. The V1 is directional and slowly builds it's alert until one is near the kind person in the Black&White, but like I said, if they are using instant on you will really never know it. So it's best to go the speed limit....when approaching overpasses and sneaky hiding places :D

Which means people will start doing 80mph.
Interesting side note, the speed limit between Ontario, OR. and Caldwell, ID. was bumped up to 80 a while ago (from 75). I don't think many people are going 90 on that stretch. I set the cruise a little above 80 when I drive there, and in the 25ish miles really only get passed as much as I did before the change. My speed hasn't really changed there either.

Johnny's out - and at least Katie let it be. Johnny vetoed speed limit increased during his prior terms on the bogus basis of not having enough state police (like you need more cops because the number on the sign changes...) - during the same time he reduced the size of the OSP. Sleepy Ted was no better.

We need higher speed limits on the highways, more highways, more lanes on existing highways, and get rid of the damned differential speed between trucks and cars - that speed differential is more dangerous than a truck doing an extra 5-10mph.

We also need to see more enforcement targeting slow drivers in the passing lanes - I would love to see the prius jockies and highway nannies blue lighted because they can't GTFO of the way or feel the need to hall monitor the highways themselves.

This could be one of the only - if not the only - good thing Katie has done for Oregon. o_O

I'm just wondering why states are bumped my up the speed limit Or. Doing this Ut. 80 Co. In parts is 80. I didn't think they would want to get rid Of Their cash cow.

We also need to see more enforcement targeting slow drivers in the passing lanes - I would love to see the prius jockies and highway nannies blue lighted because they can't GTFO of the way or feel the need to hall monitor the highways themselves.
o_O
I believe there are a lot of people out there who feel the exact same way.

I used to get upset at slow drivers until it occurred to me that the majority of them were elderly. Their reflexes are shot and most are at least half blind. These are not the kind of drivers I want around me doing 70mph and up. I'm 67 and still drive like a bat out of Hades. My reflexes are slowing down to the point where my wife always has a death grip on the handle above the door. My granddad used to lease his cars. If he didn't like the way someone was driving he would purposely ram them. Payed the damage when he traded the lease in. State eventually took his license.

Let's police the slow drivers in the passing lanes.

One reason my wife won't drive with me in the passenger seat. I tell her to GTFO of the left lane if she isn't passing.

Let's police the slow drivers in the passing lanes.

One reason my wife won't drive with me in the passenger seat. I tell her to GTFO of the left lane if she isn't passing.

My wife CAN'T sit in the drivers unless she's alone in the car. I am, if we're going somewhere together.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top