JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I used to have a G19c, sold it to buy something else; it was a good gun.

Ended up regretting it, so last January I ordered a blue-label (LE discount) G23c. It finally came in Friday, I picked it up on Saturday.

Comped pistols are kinda cool if you're into them, you do get a blast of air in your face with every shot.

I went with the 23c because I wanted a gun that would run 9mm, .40 and .357 sig with properly swapped barrels. The gun will live with a 9mm conversion barrel and a light by the bedstand, and the 9mm barrel isn't comped. The ported slide should be slightly lighter than the standard .40 slide, so it should be slightly more reliable when cycling 9mm ammunition.

If you buy the 23c and decide you don't like the compensation you can always get a stock non-ported Glock barrel (for $150~) or a stainless lone wolf .40 barrel (for $115~).

Buy the 23c; it's a versatile pistol!

I love glocks, carried a 19 for the last 7 years in Iraq as a private security contractor. easy to use, maintain and universal to just change a barrel out and have a 40, 45, 9mm, my fav throw away barrel is 357SIG I carried. So really you are buying 4 guns in one, can use same mags, just switch barrels, toss and go :winkkiss:

You can take a Glock 23 in .40 and get a conversion barrel in Sig .357 and 9 mm but you cannot get a .40 conversion barrel or .357 sig for the glock 19 without changing the slide too, The barrel diameter is different on the 19, the extractor is a different size too. The magazines for the 40 will work with Sig .357 but not 9 mm. If you have a conversion barrel to 9 mm from .40 you will need a 9 mm magazine. Neither the Glock 23 or 19 can be converted to a .45 or 10 mm. The slides are not compatible and the magazines won't fit.

I've never cared for compensated pistols for two reasons night flash and the extra work needed to clean them. If you don't mind those two things I think they can have superior performance.

i believe changing a 40 s+w to a 9mm is no problem going from a 9mm to 40 impossible

Yes you guys are correct, I do have a glock 23 i went down in caliber not up, I carried a 19 while in Iraq so yes sorry for misleading you guys.. not intentional

So many smart people out here.. I was not trying to BS anyone but point was to let who started this thread know.

I guess I will double check what I write. Point is you can switch barrels and have more then one gun to take into consideration. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top