Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

How desirable are Glock 19C or Glock 23C

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by MrCaprioni, Apr 4, 2013.

1. MrCaprioni

MrCaprioni Bend,Oregon Active Member

I have an opportunity to buy one of the the two but not sure if the compensated Glock's are more desirable then regular ones. Let me know

2. Ops

Ops King County Member

i think they are cool. though I would guess that with the ports on top using the sights could cause you to get flash blindness .

3. MrCaprioni

Just not sure if I should wait to find something else or just go for it. I know how hard Glock 19's are to find

4. iGun

iGun Pacific NW Active Member

I don't know anyone who likes the C Glocks. A comp in a USPSA open gun, sure. But in a G19? What's the point?

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  5. BULLETPROOF IT

BULLETPROOF IT Vancouver,Wa Member

I love glocks, carried a 19 for the last 7 years in Iraq as a private security contractor. easy to use, maintain and universal to just change a barrel out and have a 40, 45, 9mm, my fav throw away barrel is 357SIG I carried. So really you are buying 4 guns in one, can use same mags, just switch barrels, toss and go :winkkiss:

6. MrCaprioni

I have owned a glock 19 before but I am just wondering about the C version.

7. BULLETPROOF IT

BULLETPROOF IT Vancouver,Wa Member

lol, never heard of flash blindness, just shot placement

8. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

I had a xd-v10 (xd 40 comped). It was loud and cool. No night vision issues. If you have the money, buy both!

9. Twodogs

Twodogs portland Or Active Member

I would buy a 23-C in a heart beat, I've shot comp'ed glocks in the dark with no problems.

10. xm193

xm193 seatac Active Member

i believe changing a 40 s+w to a 9mm is no problem going from a 9mm to 40 impossible

11. Glock23gp

Glock23gp Newport / Salem Active Member

Ya. I am sure you can't take a 9mm and make it a .45 either...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

12. bruzer

bruzer Grants Pass, OR Well-Known Member

I am no expert but I doubt you would have any trouble selling if did not like. I would go with the 23C and have the ability to convert to .357 SIG, 9mm or .22 conversion slide. Like I said I am no expert and those are the only conversions I know of. Glock 19C can convert to .22 with a slide conversion.
    Good luck and stay safe,
    Mike

13. downtown

downtown Portland West Active Member

I am not sure that 19c would be of a lot of interest. The flash is a negative and for the world me i can not see any reason to have a compensated 9 in anything. Maybe I am in the minority but I would not want a compensated 9. I do love the g19 though, it is the gun that made glock famous. But then I wouldn't want a compensated .40 either.

14. BillM

BillM Amity OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Just swap a barrel and have a 357 sig, 40 S&W or 45 on a G19 frame/slide? The needle on my BS meter just took a big swing.

1stIDFMP and (deleted member) like this.
  15. downtown

downtown Portland West Active Member

Oops, just saw this. My understanding is that with caliber swaps, you can only go down in size and never up. Glock says you can not swap a .357 sig, a .40 or a .45 barrel onto a g19 and I haven't seen it done. Not without changing the slide. Well, unless you don't really value your appendages of course. And a .45 barrel on a g19????????????? That would be fun to see................from a fairly long ways away.

MrCaprioni and (deleted member) like this.
  16. MrCaprioni

I got to the gun shop this afternoon ( well like an hour ago) and the 23C was gone. I took the 19C because I am sure that there is a market if I did not like it. I was looking for an STI 1911 in 45acp but the only I found was a compact spartan and I wanted the 5". I will hang on to the C for awhile (Maybe I have owned 5 G19 and sold everyone of them within a few months) and leave it at home for the wife and switch it for carry with my Xdm.

17. Ghost_2.0

Ghost_2.0 Oregon Member

I can tell you that they are louder than their non comp counterparts

18. MrCaprioni

I understand that they will be louder but that is what hearing protection is for and if I am carrying it and need it the loudness is going to be the least of my worries

19. osterr1999

osterr1999 Silverton, OR Active Member

No issues with the C models. I have a 21C and it's great. It might be blinding if fired at night, but I haven't tried it.

20. MrCaprioni

Question?

If I decided to get rid of the 19C but had a Lonewolf match grade barrel along with the ported barrel would that make it more sellable?