JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Though this might be of interest to folks. The follwoing email was sent to the Health & Safety Team Leader at the State Buidling I work in and then re-sent to all the employees. I'll just let it and the link speak for themselves.

Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 8:24 AM
Subject: Video - Active Shooter Response Training

You are receiving this email because you are a partner with the Oregon State Police Capitol Mall Patrol Office.

This link is to a video created and distributed by Department of Homeland Security.

OSP does support this video as containing information that is current and relevant to the messages that we are providing to our partners and stakeholders.

Please share this video if you believe it is appropriate for your work place. It is only 3:41 minutes in length and it contains valuable information.

Full screen view allowed on YouTube:

<broken link removed>

Official DHS website:

Options for Consideration Active Shooter Training Video | Homeland Security

(To view, press CTRL and click the link)

Terri Davie, Lieutenant
Oregon State Police - Capitol Mall
900 Court St NE, Room 60C
Salem, Or. 97301
(503) 986-1122
[email protected]

The way to deal with an active shooter is sudden, massive, violence of action. Oftentimes people will freeze, panic, and retreat when the needle is suddenly jolted and skipped accross the record they're playing. Pumping overwhelming firepower in their direction will cause them to duck and run... That is if you don't pump 5 rounds to their head and/or chest. ;)

Yeah, I'm participating in a city-run training for an emergency preparedness program - and the trainer was quite adamant that when you participate in this program, you are not to be armed with anything that could be considered a weapon. A small folding pocket knife is the only exception. No guns, no "big knifes", no machetes, no tasers, not even pepper spray. Not even a "large stick". (I wonder what he would say to a cane or walking stick?) Later the fire department battalion commander came up for a talk, and he, in many more and more vague words, said something to the effect of "concealed means concealed."

Well, two days after the training, Mr. "no weapons under any circumstances!" sent a link to this very training course. I couldn't help but smirk as I took it (and aced it, of course.)

what a terrible thing to tell people to do. what is wrong with actually waiting for the shooter to come to you, so that you can shoot him? just another way to train sheeple.

Yeah, I'm participating in a city-run training for an emergency preparedness program - and the trainer was quite adamant that when you participate in this program, you are not to be armed with anything that could be considered a weapon. A small folding pocket knife is the only exception. No guns, no "big knifes", no machetes, no tasers, not even pepper spray. Not even a "large stick". (I wonder what he would say to a cane or walking stick?) Later the fire department battalion commander came up for a talk, and he, in many more and more vague words, said something to the effect of "concealed means concealed."

Well, two days after the training, Mr. "no weapons under any circumstances!" sent a link to this very training course. I couldn't help but smirk as I took it (and aced it, of course.)

Was that the NET program?

Scissors. Don't forget scissors.
I prefer wooden pencils that are sharpened at all times, I have about 5-6 on my desk. If I ever needed I could easily shove one in someone's neck. Not too worried about that at my current job, since we are allowed to carry, however at my previous job I was always worried about it all the time because of how management treated people.

so its okay to improvise weapons but not actually have a weapon? isnt it already asked of citizens who carry to only engage as a last resort? why is it such a bad thing if people have prepared for themselves personally by carrying a handgun?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top