Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

How deal with a "Active Shooter" in a State Building

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by blankman32k, Feb 5, 2013.

1. blankman32k

blankman32k Peoples Republic of PDX Member

Though this might be of interest to folks. The follwoing email was sent to the Health & Safety Team Leader at the State Buidling I work in and then re-sent to all the employees. I'll just let it and the link speak for themselves.

From: MILLER Bill * FACL OM [mailto:bill.miller@state.or.us]
    Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 8:24 AM
    Subject: Video - Active Shooter Response Training

You are receiving this email because you are a partner with the Oregon State Police Capitol Mall Patrol Office.

This link is to a video created and distributed by Department of Homeland Security.

OSP does support this video as containing information that is current and relevant to the messages that we are providing to our partners and stakeholders.

Please share this video if you believe it is appropriate for your work place. It is only 3:41 minutes in length and it contains valuable information.

Full screen view allowed on YouTube:

Active Shooter Awareness- Options for Consideration - Videos - Campus Safety Magazine

Official DHS website:

Options for Consideration Active Shooter Training Video | Homeland Security

(To view, press CTRL and click the link)

Terri Davie, Lieutenant
    Oregon State Police - Capitol Mall
    900 Court St NE, Room 60C
    Salem, Or. 97301
    (503) 986-1122
    Terri.davie@state.or.us

2. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Run, hide and wait for the cavalry. What else is new?

3. DMax

DMax Yamhill Well-Known Member

If gov unions are for the people(premise) How come they are ok with gun free zones in the workplace? (Question)

mosinguy1 and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

The way to deal with an active shooter is sudden, massive, violence of action. Oftentimes people will freeze, panic, and retreat when the needle is suddenly jolted and skipped accross the record they're playing. Pumping overwhelming firepower in their direction will cause them to duck and run... That is if you don't pump 5 rounds to their head and/or chest. ;)

5. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

The thing is, they will not have any mass shootings to use an excuse for more restrictions if they actually respond to an active shooter, by shooting him.

6. CharonPDX

CharonPDX Portland, OR Active Member

Yeah, I'm participating in a city-run training for an emergency preparedness program - and the trainer was quite adamant that when you participate in this program, you are not to be armed with anything that could be considered a weapon. A small folding pocket knife is the only exception. No guns, no "big knifes", no machetes, no tasers, not even pepper spray. Not even a "large stick". (I wonder what he would say to a cane or walking stick?) Later the fire department battalion commander came up for a talk, and he, in many more and more vague words, said something to the effect of "concealed means concealed."

Well, two days after the training, Mr. "no weapons under any circumstances!" sent a link to this very training course. I couldn't help but smirk as I took it (and aced it, of course.)

7. Kevinkris

Kevinkris Aloha Well-Known Member

what a terrible thing to tell people to do. what is wrong with actually waiting for the shooter to come to you, so that you can shoot him? just another way to train sheeple.

8. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

Oh, hide, hide, hide and it'll all be better... Yeah, right, sure....uh-huh

9. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Was that the NET program?

10. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Return fire.

Burt Gummer and (deleted member) like this.
  11. pchewn

pchewn Beaverton Oregon USA Well-Known Member

12. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Scissors. Don't forget scissors.

13. greedy bastards

greedy bastards Multnomah Village New Member

They left out divine intervention.

14. Kelzebubba

Kelzebubba Fort Worth, TX/USA Public Outhouse Active Member

I prefer wooden pencils that are sharpened at all times, I have about 5-6 on my desk. If I ever needed I could easily shove one in someone's neck. Not too worried about that at my current job, since we are allowed to carry, however at my previous job I was always worried about it all the time because of how management treated people.

15. Kevinkris

Kevinkris Aloha Well-Known Member

so its okay to improvise weapons but not actually have a weapon? isnt it already asked of citizens who carry to only engage as a last resort? why is it such a bad thing if people have prepared for themselves personally by carrying a handgun?

16. CharonPDX

CharonPDX Portland, OR Active Member

That's the one. A friend happened to be taking the class too (we didn't find out until we were both there) who is a volunteer on Multnomah County Search & Rescue. He said S&R says "if you have your CHL, we won't tell you "no.")

17. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

If you're worried or in doubt
    Run in circles, scream and shout