JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My CZ 75b SAO 40sw that didn't sell on here got a 9mm SP01 threaded barrel dropped in it today and I just put a few mags of subsonic ammo thru it. Ran flawless.

Now THAT is good wholesome red blooded American fun.

20200404_125402.jpg

This is like those incessant articles in G&A back in the 90's when .40S&W was all the rage.

"Is the 9mm Dead?" Is 45ACP Dead?"
Back in the 90's you could buy 9mm pistols on the cheap because the .40 had rendered it "obsolete".
People just like to run willy-nilly after the latest fad and 9mm is hot again now.
The 40 isn't dead, it just isn't cool these days.

This is like those incessant articles in G&A back in the 90's when .40S&W was all the rage.

Back in the 90's you could buy 9mm pistols on the cheap because the .40 had rendered it "obsolete".
People just like to run willy-nilly after the latest fad and 9mm is hot again now.
"Cool" is a relative term XD

Welcome to the gun rag world, haven't bought one since the '90's. I'd die of a heart attack if you could show me a single objective gun review.

A while ago I sold off all of my 9mm Glocks. For prepping-type reasons. I replaced them with 40 or 357sig models. I happen to have 9mm, 40, AND 357sig threaded barrels for all of them. (Including 9mm and 40/357 internals for each, too.)

But I must admit, they all live as 9mm guns or 357sig guns. Not a 40 among them...

I just recieved (in the mail) a magazine for a USP40c... I don't own a USP40 compact, I have a full-sized USP40 but the ad read: "USP40 magazine, 12rds"... I guess the capacity shoulda tipped me off (duh) but I didn't read carefully.

Golly. What to do?

I'm contacting a seller (through GunsAmerica) in MI to buy a USP40c... my FFL is ready to recieve and transfer, but I'm not sure if MI is locked-down completely or what, the place might be temporarily closed.

That'll bring the 2020 tally to:
2 HK 40s coming in.
1 HK 9mm coming in.
1 HK 9mm going out (traded for a cooler 40).
1 Walther 9mm going out (kept the .40 version)

40 dead? As Rooster Cogburn said, " Don't you bet yer life on it".

I could have recalled still seeing 12g and 40. But you may be right. I get both the ammo panics (08 and 12) confused as similar things happened.. but the whole reason I got back into 12g was thats all I could find.

I bought plenty of 12ga buck and slug during the last panic - and bird shot. 10mm, .40SW and .410 shotshells were the most easy to find stuff tho.

People are going to continue reloading 40 caliber. There are a ton of X police S&W D 92 semi-automatic pistols, most in stainless steel, so there continues to be a market. However 9mm has certainly taken center stage. New self-defense rounds in 9mm make the caliber extremely popular. When I was shooting a lot of ammunition I could easily reload 900 rounds of 9mm in an hour. And that's without a motorized automatic case feeder or bullet feeder, just multi-tube case and bullet feeding systems. I ultimately sold my S&W M&P stainless 40 caliber pistol. I shouldn't have sold it, I miss shooting it.

Attachments

• beretta D 92 - Copy.PNG
    beretta D 92 - Copy.PNG
    195 KB · Views: 59
Welcome to the gun rag world, haven't bought one since the '90's. I'd die of a heart attack if you could show me a single objective gun review.
I believe Gun Tests to be objective. They buy their test guns from local stores and don't take advertising. And they don't hesitate to say if a gun is a dog.
As for the rest of the gun rags I'd say you are spot on.

Ain't dead and never will be. The FBI will get into a shootout with a renegade band cookie-selling Girl Scouts and get their asses handed to em. Within a month they'll be back to the 40

I know that was a joke, but it isn't tethered to facts. In the Miami shootout (the impetus of the 10mm, which led to the 40) only a few of the good guys had long arms, and nobody had an M4. What, a Mini-14 and a couple of shotguns?

Today almost every police officer and LEO who would respond to such a shootout will have an M4-type carbine. The sidearm goes back to what it was always meant for: "Oh crap, I need a gun in my hand RIGHT NOW."

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top