JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Same with the SandyHook BS. No issues buying .40 FMJ and defensive loads. 9mm was pretty bad, before that is was around $9 to $10 a box, then jumped to $15 to $18 a box for AE FMJ if you could find it.

I was buying .40 for $12 to $14 a box because no one shot .40 because .40 was......icky and gross.
To be honest, lll buy a 40 this time around just to be able to plink. Gives me a logical reason to own a 40

Ruger is resuscitating the 5.7X28. Fine. Mildly interesting.

I vote to resuscitate the .41 Action Express. Got a 9? (And who doesn't) Barrel, spring and mag and you have two guns in one. Personally, I consider the .41 to be the .40 turned up to 11.

The .40 has downsides I won't bother listing. If you're cafeful about the platform it's a decent caliber. I like the extra punch it offers over the 9 and finding potent JHP ammo is easier. Compare 9 to 40 in FMJ and the 40 always wins. It's a better woods caliber than the 9mm.

Not really a fan of either. I like 10mm and .45super.

Seems like a lot of people are shooting .40 still. When I brass up after shooting, .40 is the second most common thing I find after 9mm. .45 ACP is 3d, and 10 mm, and .380 are kind of like chicken lips. There may be some skew to the numbers due to people cleaning up their own brass in the less common calibers.

With this increasing stash of .40 brass, I'm thinking about getting a pistol for it...

why wouldn't
one prefer the horsepower of the 40?
good question, we all know the various claims/arguments.
I for one finally had to admit 40 is just not accurate enough in my hands, regardless of the platform. When I finally quit shooting mine years ago in ICORE and bowling pin, as well as speed steel, my scores improved. And 10mm really does shine in bowling pin, out of the same revolver.

Still have loads on hand but my supply continues to exceed demand.

I like calibers that share bullets so naturally I like 40SW & 10mm. I would especially like a HKP7M10 in 40SW.
My favorite auto is a 45 but there is something about how a P7 designed pistol functions and delivers superb accuracy.

Having affordable ammo on the shelf is a nice perk as well.

Dead enough I haven't loaded for it in about two years.
I loaded enough back then to supply my needs for 10 years.

edit:
I do keep the .40 because I have 10 round magazines so if I travel to a non-free state I can still play within their books.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top