JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes, I do. There is a PDF copy that I run a batch from time to time. Where they go:

• Bulletin boards. Normally gun-related places (e.g., gun club), but also around the community or when I go on short trips for hiking, etc.
  • Whenever I transfer a firearm in my side business FFL, I put a copy in with the box, along with my business card.
  • Both adults in the house are avid readers. At times we thin the collection by selling books online. When I do, anything even remotely related to firearms, hunting, the outdoors, et al., gets a copy of the flyer with it.
How effective are these measures? I have no idea, but it is worth a try.

And I too would welcome other ideas on how to spread the word. :)
Can you provide a copy of that PDF here for me and others to use.

I've seen many new members here in the last 6 months. I've also seen a lot of member name that aren't familiar and look at their profile to see they've been here for a number of years with very few posts. that tells me that NWFA is drawing in new people, and getting longer time members to come out and join the discussions. That's a good thing. And regarding clamping down on every thing but strict firearm discussion, Head on over to a website, like ifish? Notice a single page will cover three days. So many strict rules, like the impression I have of living in a communist society perhaps.

Get rid off off-topic and other pages that encourage politics and a general lack of independent, rational thinking.

Most of America takes great pride in the freedoms we enjoy in this country. One of those is freedom of choice in what we can, or don't, want to read. The huge majority of us are lucky enough to be able to hit the "Back Button", or not click at all. I freely make those choices every day.

Do you really distribute flyers for NWFA? I thought a banner held or displayed, outside of parking lots, of the usual stores where people commonly search for ammo might attract attention (Cabela's, Sportsman's Warehouses, etc). Something with a message like:

Buy & Sell
Ammo + Guns
Northwest Firearms

I wasn't sure what was encouraged or discouraged as far as promoting the site? Are bumper stickers available?

Maybe @Joe Link could chime in on this topic with his opinions on promoting the site (do's and don'ts)

I am especially interested in attracting more people to the classifieds right now, buyers and sellers. When I google Northwest Firearms in a private window the classifieds is what is highlighted in the first search box which is great. That leaves the task of getting people to search for Northwest Firearms.

First off, I appreciate you wanting to help us spread the word :s0155:

We don't really have many do's or don't, my biggest concern is always just making sure people are presenting our community (and gun owners in general) in a positive light.

We did a run of bumper stickers many years ago, but I've been hesitant to do another. Seems most of the time I see jerks in traffic they have a bunch of decals on their vehicle, I'd hate NWFA to be one of them. I'm starting to reconsider though. Our biggest obstacle has always been logistics and finding time to ship merchandise. I recently talked to another site owner who does his decal shipments once per month (which I could handle).

Well, Glocktalk just completely changed their format and it is truly awful; might drive some of those members over here, lol.

What did they do?

What changes did they make?

WHY did they make some changes?

Was it due to politics and hatred from 2 sides of the same coin?!

I used to read 2 different GLOCK forums but that was a LONG time ago.

Cate

A thought. How many people visit the website or 1+ web pages who are not a Member? Can this be determined from the website statistics?
  • If it is a high/good number, then people are finding Northwest Firearms but not registering to be a Member.
  • If it is a low number, then people are not aware of or finding Northwest Firearms.

A thought. How many people visit the website or 1+ web pages who are not a Member? Can this be determined from the website statistics?
  • If it is a high/good number, then people are finding Northwest Firearms but not registering to be a Member.
  • If it is a low number, then people are not aware of or finding Northwest Firearms.
Good question, I am guessing Joe has access to such stats.

Well, Glocktalk just completely changed their format and it is truly awful; might drive some of those members over here, lol.

Not a Glock fan boy so I've never seen glocktalk. When I looked at it I see they did the same thing Gunboards.com did. WTH? Is that a money saving upgrade? Costs a fraction of what the old format did?

I hope people appreciate how cool Northwestfirearms format is!

Not a Glock fan boy so I've never seen glocktalk. When I looked at it I see they did the same thing Gunboards.com did. WTH? Is that a money saving upgrade? Costs a fraction of what the old format did?

The NWFA forum is awesome, the learning curve could be a bit lengthy, in fact I just learned something new about how the forum works today. It is pretty great.

The NWFA forum is awesome, the learning curve could be a bit lengthy, in fact I just learned something new about how the forum works today. It is pretty great.

There's a bunch of stuff here I'm SURE I don't know. It works great for an O-F like me though. This Boomer don't need fancy!

...in fact I just learned something new about how the forum works today. It is pretty great.
Are ya just gonna sit on that li'l tidbit, or are ya gonna share with the rest of us stump-jumpers*? :p

* What we used to call West Virginia hillbillies and other generally low-IQ individuals...

The original owner sold the site a few years ago to a Canadian conglomerate that owns a bunch of firearms forums. They have been updating them all to the same format that maximizes ad content and profit.

Glocktalk really has only one forum dedicated to Glocks. Lots of members don't even own a Glock. It has around 150k members and used to be more like NWFA in that it felt more like a community of like-minded conservative gun enthusiasts. Then a squad of prolific posters took over and started bullying people that didn't fit their fiscally conservative and socially liberal world-views. It got ugly and lots of old-timers left or stopped posting. Then a new wave of more liberal folks moved in and it is the Texas of gun forums; slowly turning blue.

As a newb, here are a few suggestions and things I've noticed that may help....

1. Make sure you say hi and ask questions to the new member introductions. It will get them engaged quicker

2. Stop derailing theads with your personal political opinions. This is widespread on this site and honestly really annoying. I want to talk about guns, not the GD liberal hippies and their glasses with no lenses. (Off topic excluded)

3. No one likes entitled OG keyboard commanders. Wiser members should help the newbs with solid advice not discouraging them from trying new things. Also stop complaining about change, it's coming, deal with it.

4. Wiser members should be encouraged to pass their knowledge down by writing short articles and posting them here.

Last Edited:
3. No one likes entitled OG keyboard commanders. Wiser members should help the newbs with solid advice not discouraging them from trying new things. Also stop complaining about change, it's coming, deal with it.

I don't know what OG is. Old Guy maybe? I'd say if your not an "Old Guy" that it's rude to refer to me as that. I would have to suggest that you might be a YP? "Young Punk"? :D I however feel I'm entitled to refer to someone in my age group as an O-F though, because I are one too!

If there have been "OG" members discouraging newer members from trying new things, I haven't seen it. IF, they have, I'd say newer members should carefully consider the advice. Or, they do have the free choice to move on and not let it ruin their day. Kind of like your advice, " Stop complaining , it's there, deal with it."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top