JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't know what OG is. Old Guy maybe? I'd say if your not an "Old Guy" that it's rude to refer to me as that. I would have to suggest that you might be a YP? "Young Punk"? :D I however feel I'm entitled to refer to someone in my age group as an O-F though, because I are one too!
HA! No I didn't mean it as that. I use OG as "Old school Gangster" meaning someone who has been around a long time who is wise and knows how to run things even though they are not in charge.

I am gonna use that now though.

How Can We Help Attract Others To The NWFA Website?

1607172526012.png

A second thing, that I feel like we should consider as a group, is that if internet sales are banned, we will have to figure out how much it will cost to go to print.
At this point, I think shoring up our numbers here is a good idea, but I also believe we need a contingency in case the unfortunate occurs.

Get rid off off-topic and other pages that encourage politics and a general lack of independent, rational thinking.
Um...OT is the second biggest board here...second only to the General board and just barely (not counting classifieds). Clearly it is VERY popular. I'm betting that killing OT would be a very bad business decision.

Last Edited:
We need to fundamentally change the demographics of gun owners...

O... too soon?

I am proudly wearing my NWFA hoodie right now.
My granddaughter wore her NWFA onesie (that grampa got her) in EVERY ONE of her 1st birthday party pics last week. Those will no doubt be posted on FB and sent to distant relatives by most of the 30 or so attendees.
How's THAT for networking... ?

BTW, that "demographics" thread had my finger poised over the Ignore-button for the first time ever.

Last Edited:
I thought about this a couple of weeks ago. I met a member at Cabela's to sell him some ammo, and he was also there to sell a scope, and the OP was there making a deal with someone, though I don't know if they were a member or not. We were all out next to Wendy's and I thought wouldn't it be great to have a sign put up in the popular meeting areas identifying it as a Northwest Firearms meeting site?? It would make it easy to find each other and get the NWFA name out to people who may not know of it.

BTW, that "demographics" thread had my finger poised over the Ignore-button for the first time ever.
Go ahead, give it a try!! You will be amazed at how much more pleasant reading here becomes. That particular thread generated two new members to my list, and at least one poster was already on it, I think he may have been a charter member. Just pick one of the worst offenders and test it out. You can always unignore them. My first trial has become a list of over fifty, and I don't miss them a bit. Contentious, self-righteous, trolling, ignorant, they just melt away. A few of them made the list on their first post!!

I have directed quite a lot of people here for the classifieds. It used to go over quite well; but in the last few years I have been getting more feedback that is negative, mostly due to the politics of the board. I don't suggest this site to anyone who isn't already acclimated to this sort of community through military experience or upbringing. Those other folks are still buying and training and carrying firearms (more now than ever), but they would rather avoid the rhetoric that is a hallmark of the entrenched old-guard gun community.

They will make their own more moderate or even left-wing firearm websites and forums, and I'll join those too; I'm a sucker for a good controversial conversation and playing the devil's advocate. I also like to have as many sources as possible for good deals on guns and ammo.

There's your honesty from me. I don't really know how to attract new members without alienating old members. The suggestion of removing everything that promotes political discussions might come close, but there's no way to fully eliminate it. The average 30-something Black Lives Matter supporting gun owner doesn't want to come here and engage in much discussion. I'm an exception, but I'm a bit of a masochist and I like the abuse. :s0094:

I have directed quite a lot of people here for the classifieds. It used to go over quite well; but in the last few years I have been getting more feedback that is negative, mostly due to the politics of the board. I don't suggest this site to anyone who isn't already acclimated to this sort of community through military experience or upbringing. Those other folks are still buying and training and carrying firearms (more now than ever), but they would rather avoid the rhetoric that is a hallmark of the entrenched old-guard gun community.

They will make their own more moderate or even left-wing firearm websites and forums, and I'll join those too; I'm a sucker for a good controversial conversation and playing the devil's advocate. I also like to have as many sources as possible for good deals on guns and ammo.

There's your honesty from me. I don't really know how to attract new members without alienating old members. The suggestion of removing everything that promotes political discussions might come close, but there's no way to fully eliminate it. The average 30-something Black Lives Matter supporting gun owner doesn't want to come here and engage in much discussion. I'm an exception, but I'm a bit of a masochist and I like the abuse. :s0094:

Gosh, those folks are lucky you don't recommend this terrible place to them. I'm sure glad I'm able to hit the back button, and/or use the ignore feature if I chose. Seems like it would be a miserable existence, going through life not being able to stop reading when I tire of a discussion.

Thanks for painting the membership here with that broad, broad brush. :s0155:

Gosh, those folks are lucky you don't recommend this terrible place to them. I'm sure glad I'm able to hit the back button, and/or use the ignore feature if I chose. Seems like it would be a miserable existence, going through life not being able to stop reading when I tire of a discussion.

Thanks for painting the membership here with that broad, broad brush. :s0155:
If you know that a friend of yours doesn't like action movies, do you recommend that they watch Rambo or Die Hard? I don't. I love those movies, but I know they don't.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top