Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

How can we get this guy to come run for our President?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by SDR, Jan 29, 2009.

1. SDR

SDR Clackamas County, Oregon Silver Vendor Silver Vendor

How can we get this guy to come run for our President?

Date: Thursday, January 22, 2009, 2:52 PM

Not sure if this is an accurate report or not, but apparently the Prime Minister of Australia said a few things recently...

America, Canada , all Europe ..... need a President like this…

Prime Minister John Howard - Australia
    Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.
    Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques.
    Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist at tacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians'.
    'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'. 'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society. Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom,

'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves, American citizens will find the backbone to start speaking and voicing the same truths.

2. finch6013

finch6013 Oregon City Active Member

Amen!!!!

3. Abe Froman

Abe Froman West of Salem Active Member

I dont know that many Americans that dont voice this oppinion. I think the globalists just push a differnt agenda.

4. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

I'm all for the love it or leave it deal. :gun11:

5. Weebs

Weebs Clackamas County Member

Wasn't it founded by criminals? :)

I whole heartedly agree that this needs to happen here !

6. Jaybo

Jaybo Olympia Washington Member

And didnt the officials of Australia "dis-arm" the public a number of years ago??? I believe they did. I think if the Prime Minister was quoted correctly, thats terrific. However, thier "gun control" laws are terrible.. Here's the list.

In Australia, there are five categories of gun licences, which restrict the types of firearms you can use/own:
    Category A:
    Air rifles
    Non self-loading rimfire rifles
    Single and double barrel shotguns

Category B:
    Any muzzle loading firearms
    Single shot, double barrel and repeating (lever) action centre fire rifles
    Break action shotguns / rifle combinations

Category C: (prohibited except for occupational purposes)
    Self loading rimfire rifles with a magazine capacity of ten rounds or less*
    Self loading shotguns with a magazine capacity of five rounds or less*
    Pump action shotguns with a magazine capacity of five rounds or less*

Category D: (prohibited except for official law enforcement)
    All self loading centre fire rifles*, self loading* and pump action shotguns*, and self loading rimfire rifles* with a magazine capacity larger than as defined
    by Category C

Category H: (restricted)
    All handguns, including air pistols

Last but not least... I found these interesting tidbits as well!

Your licence can be denied (or cancelled, if you already hold a gun licence) if you:

Are not of good character
    Contravene the firearm law
    Have/follow unsafe storage facilities/procedures
    No longer have a genuine reason to own a firearm
    Have been the subject of an Apprehended Violence Order, Domestic Violence Order, restraining order, conviction for assault with a weapon, conviction for aggravated assault; within the past five years
    Have a mental/physical condition which would render you unsuitable for owning, possessing and/or using a firearm

You need a permit (in addition to your licence) for each firearm you intend to own. These permits are subject to a twenty-eight day minimum. You are restricted also to purchasing ammunition only for use with guns that you hold permits for.

7. NWMoss

NWMoss Lost, permanently... Member

8. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Per rule #9, Legal & Political content is to be firearm related only.

Sit tight guys, eventually I'll be launching another site for this type of stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.