JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ruger's American rifle series is their new affordable product line. The American Predator has a rather light contour 22 inch barrel, and the rifle only weighs 6.6 lbs.

So how on earth can such a lightweight and affordable rifle shoot like it does in the video below??? Is the secret that the rifle is chambered in 6.5mm Creedmoor?

What gives?

Without knowing the diameter of the Disc plate its hard to tell how accurate the rifle is. Also would need to know the ammo is it handloaded or factory.

He did not measure the widest. The widest would have been from the one at 8:00 to the one at 2-3:00

I would expect the same results from the 30-06 I have been hunting with for 30 years a Rugar M-77R

They don't make the rifle less expensive by cheapening the rifling just the rest of the rifle.

It's about .7 MOA which is pretty good for an out of the box rifle but consistent with what I've heard can be expected from the American.

I'm in the infant stages of learning long range precision (I'll be shooting my 3rd F class match in Sept) and it's highly addictive. The satisfaction of seeing the Xring marker come up (3 inches at 600 yards) a couple times in a row is incredible. The guys shooting high master though are on a whole other level. The guy who won last time was shooting a 6XC. that thing is a laser.

Some of you guys are probably too young to remember the Rem M788. But for $89.99 in the mid '70s you could buy one that would usually shoot that well or better.
And the weird part about the one I owned was that it would shoot a number of different bullet weights and brands of ammo that well. I have friends that still have theirs and they're still shooting them, and they're still accurate as he!!.

Dumbest "firearm" thing I ever did was sell that gun.

Cold hammer forged barrels. V block bedding system, free float barrel blah blah blah.

Hand loads made my American Ranch shoot hole for hole on test loads at 50. (.223)

If my equipment or shooting skills can't produce his results . . . HE SHOULDN"T BE ALLOWED TO SHOOT THAT WELL WITH HIS EQUIPMENT EITHER!?!?!?!?!?!?
Give the lad a break . . . SSSSHhhhhheeeeeeeesssshhhh

Sheldon

If you look around on youtube you can find a guy shooting a Marlin lever gun made in the early 20th century, in .32-20, at a 500 yard gong and hitting it most of the time. Iron sights... :)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top