JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
I think even if you have someone on ignore they can see your listings and try to respond…..

I wouldn't worry about it too much. If someone wants to throw a fit because they didn't get the attention they desired then that's pretty childish….

You got 41 positive reviews. We all will eventually get someone who tarnished the record cause they didn't get what they want.

No love lost.

You could address it with a moderator and they may be able to remove the negative feedback after you explain the issue.

Upvote 3
Sounds to me like you might want to swallow the ego thing and open communication to remedy the situation. If they won't rescind negative feedback, leave them negative feedback in kind so maybe they will change their mind. Happened to me on a different issue and we agreed on neutrality.

Upvote 1
if i add you to the ignore list. there was a reason. makes life easier until they get butt hurt i guess.

and if someone doesnt answer or respond there's probably a reason . but the woke culture cant grasp that

Upvote 0
I have someone on ignore i dont want to deal with . so i dont see their posts but for some reason they are butt hurt i dont respond to them so they leave negative feedback.
That seems like something an 'emotional' Karen/Ken type would do.

Perhaps he needs a timeout from NWF for awhile, so he can sort out his 'tude'.

Merely a suggestion.

Upvote 0
If a deal isnt struck, I dont think negative feedback should apply. Simply not getting back to someone in their subjective expected timeframe (to me) does not warrant any feedback and should result in a strike on said member that felt the need to unjustly tarnish the reputation of someone here.

That being said, I do like the member that unfortunately gave you negative feedback, Ive never had any bad experiences with them on the forum.. however if that member was on an ignore list of yours and you never received any PMs or notifications.. that really isnt on you.. that is on the NWFA ignore feature system which should be fixed. That or the feedback system should have rules in place.

We cannot do some tit for tat negative feedback scores if no deal was made or hashed out. I wish an admin would take a look at this issue and see what they can do.

Is there more to the story?

Upvote 1
If a deal isnt struck, I dont think negative feedback should apply. Simply not getting back to someone in their subjective expected timeframe (to me) does not warrant any feedback and should result in a strike on said member that felt the need to unjustly tarnish the reputation of someone here.

That being said, I do like the member that unfortunately gave you negative feedback, Ive never had any bad experiences with them on the forum.. however if that member was on an ignore list of yours and you never received any PMs or notifications.. that really isnt on you.. that is on the NWFA ignore feature system which should be fixed. That or the feedback system should have rules in place.

We cannot do some tit for tat negative feedback scores if no deal was made or hashed out. I wish an admin would take a look at this issue and see what they can do.

Is there more to the story?
^^^I would agree with that.

As to the OP, it is my understanding that even those on ignore can still see the thread and original post, the only not to is for both party's to have each other on their ignore list.

Upvote 0
If you start a post, people you ignore can see your OP.
If you list something, people you have ignored can see your post, and even start a conversation. You won't see it.
I looked for threads that were started by people who ignore me, and confirmed all the above capabilities.
(Even sent one a gratuitous "FOAD". Let's hope they don't un-ignore me. (J/K))
Seems @Yarome is perturbed by your lack of response.

I think the "ignore" system sucks, and this is one of the negative side effects.

Upvote 0
If he knows you have him ignored, that's his fault and the feedback should be removed.

If you had him ignored and he never knew that you have him ignored. It looks to him like you never replied and ignored him. Lol. Kind of a bug in the ignore system if you ask me.

This sounds like a @Joe Link thing.

Upvote 1
Thanks for the tag @P7M13 !

If it's an ignore glitch... I'll be more than happy to remove it! I had contact from another person that said they had been trying to buy it too and had the same result... so if they are on ignore too... they were also completly unware of it.

I might have been wrong, but I had assumed that when someone has you on ignore you don't see anything from them. Orginating the thread or not and no matter which side originated the ignore.

I think it's correct though that you CAN see the OP (I can see this thread), but no subsquent posts... since post #6 appears to be missing and I'll assume that was from Ops.

I don't feel hurt in the least by not being allowed to buy anything. I left the feedback mainly as, what I felt, was an abuse of the classified section. I know some folks post stuff to multiple different sites and don't always pay attention to them all or go back to "clean up" after themselves. I wasn't lowballing him at all and after all the price drops he coulda sold it a long time ago for a good chunk more than his full current asking price. It didn't occur to me that I was on ignore and seemed more just a bogus listing or possibly even bot listings(?)

I understand too that folks can choose who to do business with. If it were me though.. and I think it's only courteous... if a person was serious enough and sent me more than 1 attempt to purchase... an easy blow off at least would be called for. If you don't want to flat out say, "I don't want to deal with you", a, "It's not available." would do. 👍

I don't recall ever having any dealings or "words" with Ops before, but no matter... I'm sure he has his reasons and are perfectly valid. I tend to speak plainly/directly and that can be offensive, but never "personal". ;)

I would say... the "ignore" feature should be total. Unable to see any OP, unable to reply, unable to send PM's and unable to post feedback.

I'll take him at his word it's an "ignore" issue I was unware of and removed the negative. Easy peasy!

Last Edited:
Upvote 2
Thanks for the tag @P7M13 !

If it's an ignore glitch... I'll be more than happy to remove it! I had contact from another person that said they had been trying to buy it too and had the same result... so if they are on ignore too... they are always completly unware of it.

I might have been wrong, but I had assumed that when someone has you on ignore you don't see anything from them. Orginating the thread or not and no matter which side originated the ignore.

I think it may be right though that you CAN see the OP (I can see this thread), but no subsquent content... since post #6 appears to be missing and I'll assume that was from Ops.

I don't particularly feel hurt by not being allowed to buy anything. I left the feedback mainly as, what I felt, was an abuse of the classified section. I know some folks post stuff to multiple different sites and don't always pay attention to them all or go back to "clean up" after themselves. I wasn't lowballing him at all and after all the price drops he coulda sold it a long time ago for a good chunk more than his full asking price "today". It didn't occur to me that I was on ignore and seemed more just bogus or possibly even bot listings(?)

I understand too that folks can choose who to do business with. If it were me though.. and I think it's only courteous... if a person was serious enough and sent me more than 1 attempt to purchase... an easy blow off at least would be called for. If you don't want to flat out say, "I don't want to deal with you", a, "It's not available." would do. 👍

I don't recall ever having any dealings or "words" with Ops before, but no matter... I'm sure he has his reasons and are perfectly valid. I tend to speak plainly/directly and that can be offensive, but never "personal". ;)

I would say... the "ignore" feature should be total. Unable to see any OP, unable to reply, unable to send PM's and unable to post feedback.

I'll take him at his word it's an "ignore" issue I was unware of and removed the negative. Easy peasy!
Sorry, what was the I was ignoring you.

Oh and you are right about post #6.

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR