JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This gets even better! I just got a call from the gun shop telling me my approval was in and I can come in to pick up my pistol.

That's particularly concerning because I picked it up yesterday. Did they not mark their paperwork or inventory control confirming that it went out yesterday?
One of the last pistols I purchased I picked up after 3 weeks without having had the check cleared and got a call nearly a month later that the background check had finally cleared.

Update: today, 11/25/2022

I got a call today from the gun shop. They said that my paperwork expired and that I'll have to redo it if I want to pick up the revolver!

Then they said that if I don't complete it, it will go back into inventory.

THIS IS THE REVOLVER THAT I ALREADY PICKED UP OCTOBER 6, 2022 -- It was a purchase from a local private seller. I've also already paid the gun shop the transfer fee.

BTW, I never reported the shop to anyone, call them, or stop by to talk to them. I didn't feel like they earned my business.

Man, sounds like a horrible gun shop. Probably got their paperwork screwed up based on all the other BS going on there. Probably some other person never got a call that their gun cleared and will call back wondering what happened. Sucks.

Update: today, 11/25/2022

I got a call today from the gun shop. They said that my paperwork expired and that I'll have to redo it if I want to pick up the revolver!

Then they said that if I don't complete it, it will go back into inventory.

THIS IS THE REVOLVER THAT I ALREADY PICKED UP OCTOBER 6, 2022 -- It was a purchase from a local private seller. I've also already paid the gun shop the transfer fee.

BTW, I never reported the shop to anyone, call them, or stop by to talk to them. I didn't feel like they earned my business.
It is possible the shop did something wrong. It is also possible the check just expired. Just have to go jump through the hoops again sadly.

Man, sounds like a horrible gun shop. Probably got their paperwork screwed up based on all the other BS going on there. Probably some other person never got a call that their gun cleared and will call back wondering what happened. Sucks.
I never thought of that, but it's likely if someone was buying a gun they would have followed through if they had an approval as they would to have to have paid for it already.

It is possible the shop did something wrong. It is also possible the check just expired. Just have to go jump through the hoops again sadly.
I just listened to the message again. He said nothing about a mistake, just that the paperwork expired and that if I don't get in there, the revolver will go back on the shelf and could be sold to someone else...

I just listened to the message again. He said nothing about a mistake, just that the paperwork expired and that if I don't get in there, the revolver will go back on the shelf and could be sold to someone else...
Well not to "blame" them but, if someone at the shop did something wrong very likely they would not admit it to you. Human nature and all. Also possible they do not even realize yet they screwed something up. There is a LOT of steps involved and its not hard at all for someone to make a mistake that will leave things in limbo. Then after the time expires its too late to go back and fix it. PITA I know but it kind of is what it is now days with these stupid laws. They do NOTHING to prevent crime, they just make the law abiding jump through more hoops. :mad:

FYI:
A.
FFL can refuse delivery of any weapon to a customer.
ATF say's we are the last line of defense, SO..........
If we think something is off with you whether, you passed or not we can say NIC's deninded you and kick you down the road into limbo trying to figure out your denial.

I haven't done it, but I've seen it happen.

Long story short, wait for your approval.

Honk- Honk . I'm going back to clown world..........
Good night and may everyone dream of horrific clown's.....

clown.jpg

FYI:
A.
FFL can refuse delivery of any weapon to a customer.
ATF say's we are the last line of defense, SO..........
If we think something is off with you whether, you passed or not we can say NIC's deninded you and kick you down the road into limbo trying to figure out your denial.

I haven't done it, but I've seen it happen.

Long story short, wait for your approval.
I was already approved. The shop called me on October 7th to let me know I could pick up the Revolver although I had picked it up the day before

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top