JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was pulled over a month ago for a headlight that out, cop was cool about it saying he'd rather let me know instead of a ticket. After I gave him my "papers" he asked if I had any guns, said yes, in the console cause I hang wear my holster with sweatpants. He said thanks for being honest.
He returned, gave me my "papers" and said you really like your Springfields don't you? I gave him the deer in the headlights look then asked how that information was available? Said it's tired to DOL. :eek:
And Washington lawmakers have repeatedly told us for years that there is no gun registry!!!! Bassturds!!!
I'm pretty sure that RCW states that they have a registry.

Do you follow Washington laws?
Sort of since I have a Utah CHL to carry in Washington. I could be wrong, but I believe the verbiage is along the lines of the secretary of state shall keep a record, or something along those lines.

I could be making it up, but I recall reading that.

Do you follow Washington laws?
RCW 9.41.129
Recordkeeping requirements.
The department of licensing shall keep copies or records of applications for concealed pistol licenses provided for in RCW 9.41.070, copies or records of applications for alien firearm licenses, copies or records of applications to purchase pistols or semiautomatic assault rifles provided for in RCW 9.41.090, and copies or records of pistol or semiautomatic assault rifle transfers provided for in RCW 9.41.110. The copies and records shall not be disclosed except as provided in RCW 42.56.240(4).

I lied, I guess it's department of licensing.

With the number of people now applying to get a CHL over the last few years going up like crazy I expect we will encounter more criminals with a CHL. I also dealt with criminal on Thursday night that had a CHL.
My opinion only, but with the process that we have to go thru in Oregon to get a CHL makes me believe that it would be easier to get the CHL and then become a criminal than to become a criminal and then get the CHL.
I've known some screw ups with CHL renewal in Clackamas County. Person with a drunk driving conviction that went thru "Diversion" making it thru the renewal process. But that was also by the "lady" who bilked the County out of a lot of those renewal funds. Probably not much of a lady was she, and she certainly turned herself into a criminal!

There's nothing relaxing about being and an LEO in the PNW post George Floyd, Michael Brown and many others controversial events. I don't think you understand how we went from everyone loving us to grand mothers flipping us off and 7 year Olds protesting our police stations and them being lit on fire. Think about it like this if good people are out training do you thing bad people are out training? Of course they are.could a bad person have a CHL? Of course. I guess what is more important is if you treat a traffic stop the same way with great officer safety and professionalism the likelihood you will make it home to your family every night increases. We typically don't care if you have a CHL or not. Like I said bad guys train as well.
Oh I understand... I made that transition myself. But it didn't happen in 2020, it happened with Daniel Shaver and Philando Castle.

True story. I arrested one for pointing guns at people. He was a member of a local 1%er group. He had a valid CHL.
So, as a percentage, what % of criminals you have arrested had a valid CHL. At the time you arrested them. In your estimation.

@FastSmitty simply decided not to answer that question. I've asked him twice now. Seems rather disingenuous of him. Lumping CHL holders in with bad guys training.

So, as a percentage, what % of criminals you have arrested had a valid CHL. At the time you arrested them. In your estimation.

@FastSmitty simply decided not to answer that question. I've asked him twice now. Seems rather disingenuous of him. Lumping CHL holders in with bad guys training.
I did answer you. I did not lump bad guys with CHL holders. I'm not sure why your focusing on me. I really don't feel like arguing with you. I'm on vacation so don't really want to waste my time arguing on the internet. So I'll get back to my vacation now. BTW % really over the span of my career lol cmon dude you act that is something I could accurately state as a fact. Anyways I hope you have a nice day.

20230106_182808.jpg

I don't know the percentage. Probably not that high in comparison to non CHL holders.

I did answer you. I did not lump bad guys with CHL holders. I'm not sure why your focusing on me. I really don't feel like arguing with you. I'm on vacation so don't really want to waste my time arguing on the internet. So I'll get back to my vacation now. BTW % really over the span of my career lol cmon dude you act that is something I could accurately state as a fact. Anyways I hope you have a nice day.

View attachment 1342940
Well, no actually you did not. Your responses were & continue to be disingenuous on the subject.

I would think it would be reasonably easy for you to guesstimate the % valid CHL holders you have arrested in your career vs those without a CHL you have arrested. Just a simple guesstimate over your career.

Because such status is known when you run ID, finally ID etc.

Furthermore you did lump CHL holders in with criminals when you stated "bad guys are out training..." & "could have CHL's...". My response to that - such is extremely unlikely.

That's why I've asked you to simply guesstimate the % valid CHL holders you have arrested.

Pretty simple, really.

Well, no actually you did not. Your responses were & continue to be disingenuous on the subject.

I would think it would be reasonably easy for you to guesstimate the % valid CHL holders you have arrested in your career vs those without a CHL you have arrested. Just a simple guesstimate over your career.

Because such status is known when you run ID, finally ID etc.

Furthermore you did lump CHL holders in with criminals when you stated "bad guys are out training..." & "could have CHL's...". My response to that - such is extremely unlikely.

That's why I've asked you to simply guesstimate the % valid CHL holders you have arrested.

Pretty simple, really.
One in the news! Hopefully not one of ours!

I would put money on it that this clown was not one of us , ie: having guns all over the car under clothes and so forth .
I would be incredibly surprised if it was one of ours, but I wouldn't be as surprised if it was one of our new members.

My main point was that even we as lawful gun owners can become criminals by making a poor, or lots of poor decisions in this case.

Be safe, be smart, and carry on.

My opinion only, but with the process that we have to go thru in Oregon to get a CHL makes me believe that it would be easier to get the CHL and then become a criminal than to become a criminal and then get the CHL.
I've known some screw ups with CHL renewal in Clackamas County. Person with a drunk driving conviction that went thru "Diversion" making it thru the renewal process. But that was also by the "lady" who bilked the County out of a lot of those renewal funds. Probably not much of a lady was she, and she certainly turned herself into a criminal!
My understanding is A DUII does not by it's self keep you from getting a CHL or renewing one/ I say this from what I have been told Not personal experience at any rate not in Washington State don't have any factual knowledge about Oregon laws or regulations

My understanding is A DUII does not by it's self keep you from getting a CHL or renewing one/ I say this from what I have been told Not personal experience at any rate not in Washington State don't have any factual knowledge about Oregon laws or regulations
I think it depends on the infraction. A Class-C misdemeanor doesn't disqualify you (trust but verify). I'm not sure on a Class-B, but I know a Class-A definitely disqualifies you for a CHL in Oregon.

Unless something has changed, I know that you have to get 3+ DUI's before Oregon will throw you in the pokey. I was talking to my cousin's husband (who is also a lawyer) about my neighbor heading to jail, and he responded that it takes 3+ for jail.

Drive as though everyone around you is an idiot or drunk, because they likely are.

What I was saying is 1 simple DUII by it's self does not disqualify you, if the circumstances are just DUII , But when multi offences or guns or drugs or other things I'm not a lawyer or LEO or any of that, what I posted is what I was told by one of those .

What I was saying is 1 simple DUII by it's self does not disqualify you, if the circumstances are just DUII , But when multi offences or guns or drugs or other things I'm not a lawyer or LEO or any of that, what I posted is what I was told by one of those .
LOL, I've heard that if you're going to commit a crime, only commit one at a time. :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top