JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I haven't looked on this site or shopped for reloading components since the pandemic began some months ago. This may have been discussed already and if so, I apologize but I didn't see any threads regarding this subject.

How difficult is it to get reloading components right now? Is it pretty much impossible? Is it as bad as post-Sandy Hook? I'm specifically looking for 9mm bullets and primers. I don't see them anywhere whether in stores (Cabelas, Bimart) or online. Thanks in advance for your answers.

Just bought some 9mm 115gr from Buffalo Arms - and grabbed 1000 small pistol primers last weekend. Sportsmans had tons of Large Rifle and Pistol Primers today, but no small. My order for 1,000 small rifle magnum primers came in today though. Order online and pick up in store for free, took maybe a week and a half. Quite a few places had pistol primers last weekend, and powder too. It's out there, just might take a couple of stops.

Cabelas, Bass Pro, Sportsman's, all appear to be out of Berry's 9mm boolits and small pistol primers. Not to mention the more popular pistol powders.

Primers are a main concern for me, I hit Bi-Mart a few times a week and pick up whatever may be available in small pistol primers... It's kinda lean out there. Happy I stocked up when supplies were available and more reasonably priced...

Montana Gold bullets has stock in many calibers but are also out in quite a few. Also, AmmoSeek has a nice search engine that looks at many supplier sites you might try for specific components.

I've received two orders of small pistol primers (30,000) in the last couple weeks after being back ordered for 10 weeks. I'm still back ordered on large pistol. I've also received a case of 124gr Gold Dots for 9mm but can't get the 125's for the 38 special. All copper plated, fmj or JHP's are very hit and miss in the commonly used weights other weights like 130gr 9mm are a little more available. Powder is readily available, I'll be ordering 50 lbs in the next week or so.

I've been somewhat lucky finding enough to keep me going. LGS had 1000 small pistol primers for a better price than I've seen them on line. Yesterday I was looking for some 338 Win Mag brass and found some at the third place I called. Ordered a couple of 15 round mags for the P365 and they showed up in 4 days and have been out of stock ever since. The one nice thing to being heavy into reloading is the shelves have to be pretty bare if I end up walking out without something I can put to use.

Just bought some 9mm 115gr from Buffalo Arms - and grabbed 1000 small pistol primers last weekend. Sportsmans had tons of Large Rifle and Pistol Primers today, but no small. My order for 1,000 small rifle magnum primers came in today though. Order online and pick up in store for free, took maybe a week and a half. Quite a few places had pistol primers last weekend, and powder too. It's out there, just might take a couple of stops.
Shhh! Buffalo Arms was a godsend when I started reloading for .308 a couple of months ago. They had plenty of components for it at great prices. I just got another order from them of new 9mm brass and more .308 bullets for very good prices as well. I've shot with the owner in BPCR matches and he's a great guy.

I've received two orders of small pistol primers (30,000) in the last couple weeks after being back ordered for 10 weeks. I'm still back ordered on large pistol. I've also received a case of 124gr Gold Dots for 9mm but can't get the 125's for the 38 special. All copper plated, fmj or JHP's are very hit and miss in the commonly used weights other weights like 130gr 9mm are a little more available. Powder is readily available, I'll be ordering 50 lbs in the next week or so.
30k in primers wth ?? do you resale? 50 lbs of powder come on are you pulling our legs?

30k in primers wth ?? do you resale? 50 lbs of powder come on are you pulling our legs?
I am an ammunition manufacturer, here in Creswell. The Proficient Marksman Ammunition Company to be exact. 30,000 primers is about a months worth, 50 lbs of powder is a couple months worth.

ok makes since thanks !! what kind of presses do you have ?
I have 2 Hornady Lock n loads and a Rockchucker. You'd asked before if I resell powder and primers and I can but not at the prices I pay. I sighed a statement that as an OEM manufacturer all the componates I buy will be used to manufacture ammo.

I am an ammunition manufacturer, here in Creswell. The Proficient Marksman Ammunition Company to be exact. 30,000 primers is about a months worth, 50 lbs of powder is a couple months worth.
Just checked out your website. Pretty decent prices! Hopefully you've been able to help a lot of these guys out during the shortage!

Just an up date, my 50 lbs of various powders shipped today with no backorders. I ordered it 6/30 so normal processing time. Still no word on more large or small pistol primers. I got enough to last a llittle while but it would be nice to see the supply chain get back to where it's supposed to be.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top