JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Does NIDO powdered milk taste like CARNATION powdered milk?

Cate

I don't think so. The last time I tried Carnation it was non-fat or skim, which to me is just white colored water (I grew up on a farm where we had milk straight from the cow, with all of the cream mixed in) and that was decades ago - I remember that I did not like it.

If you mix it up right, follow the directions, and then chill it, to me it is like whole milk. That is what it is, just freeze dried whole milk.

I live downtown Portland. Me and the wife get up early to go to work, before the "curfew" is over. Wasn't an issue this morning, but yesterday morning we could still hear a few flashbangs when we left the apartment. Grabbed the pistol and put an AR in a duffel. It felt a little over analyzed but you never know. Last thing anyone wants is to be surrounded by an angry mob in the middle of a bridge, and the last thing the angry mob is expecting is that person being armed.

Little I can do being an apartment dweller in the city. We were planning on moving in the next few months anyhow. Until then I'll just live like we did through a handful of hurricanes. Batteries in flashlights, oil in the lantern, scrabble on the coffee table, plenty of whiskey in the cupboard, loaded magazines. We've kept our food and supply a bit more amped up since the virus stuff.

The one thing I am considered, as I'm not what anyone would consider a prepper, is putting together a proper loadout/bugout bag to stow at work. If bubblegum were to really hit the fan, like really really, a subcompact and 16 rounds don't guarantee much in the way of making it home or to my wife's work, etc.

Seeing all this going on makes me feel better about living so far out. Sure, the hour long commute each way was a bit of a grind - amounted to ten hours every week - but coming home to a safe quiet place in the woods was worth it. Now even more so - although no more commutes for now.

IMG_2805.PNG

I told my wife we're staying out of Portland. Then My daughter called and said she was without a car Sunday but she had a Rhubarb pie waiting for me if i wanted to come get it. So I had no choice but to dress up in my best Sunday service pistol, and go get it.
Some things in life are worth taking a risk.:)

Be sure to put a Bernie sign in your front yard so ANTIFA will "Passover" your house on riot night.

My sister from LA said that signs were up in some shop windows.........

Black Owned
and
Minority Owned

Yeah......the looters didn't hit them. Smart? BUT.....so much for the BS of......

We're in this together.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....but think about it a second.....YUP.....
thats-racist.gif

My sister from LA said that signs were up in some shop windows.........

Black Owned
and
Minority Owned

Yeah......the looters didn't hit them. Smart? BUT.....so much for the BS of......

We're in this together.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....but think about it a second.....YUP.....
View attachment 704629

My niece's shop in Long Beach got looted and wrecked last night
12 years of work destroyed by black trash

500 more rounds of 556 added to my inventory today

15 more gallons of gasoline added too - although I have been using 3-5 gallons a day mowing the fields/forest around my house to reduce the fire danger and make it so I can walk thru my woods (not to mention, having a clear field of fire).

Got a call this morning from a buddy with AR build questions. His grandson, neighbor, and cousin all want in on the 80% game and I was delighted to share some tips.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads