JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Been thinking about this for a while - before CV-19 - before the riots.

1) I have been avoiding those areas where the riots have taken place in the past; e.g., downtown Portland. Now that I am unemployed, that is easier to do.

2) Put something in my daily driver that would work better for crowds than a handgun.

View attachment 704210
I'm thinking I would prefer something that I can operate with 1 hand as I am also the driver

I'm thinking I would prefer something that I can operate with 1 hand as I am also the driver
Just rack it with one hand like Linda Hamilton does in Terminator 2. :D

Guarantee they have.

BUT unfortunately.......
Real AR-15s are verboten in CA.
Banned_in_CA.jpg

Aloha, Mark

if civil unrest makes it out to the parts of Hillsboro I live in.. we all screwed. Guess then it'll be all out free for all. But.. I have calibers for all occassions - big holes, little holes, whatever the preference.

I can't handle 3" magnums in a full length auto turkey gun. I can't imagine one handed.. you'd be calling me lefty after that.

The Shockwave is light and short for a shotgun. With and 3" magnum, the recoil/muzzle rise feels like an order of magnitude more than 2-3/4; the pistol grip (I replaced the raptor grip on both) the forend can easily come out of your hand - it did the first time I shot one, then I did better with the second.

With a pistol brace (SBA3) on my other Shockwave (my home defense shotgun) - if I *accidentally* put it against my shoulder, it is not fun, but it is controllable - for me.

I would not want to be on the muzzle end of 3" magnum buckshot.

Body armor, pepper spray, fire extinguishers in each vehicle. PT.

Driving vehicles with better ground clearance.

Not much has changed For me.

Still carry everywhere including home.

Been keeping a few long guns around the house while I'm home but ive been doing that since March.

Im out in the burbs so I wouldn't expect to see anyone dangerous protesting around here but better safe then sorry I guess.

I stocked up before everything blew up so with my work closing I'm just waiting things out and trying to stay busy at home.

About to make yet another trip to the dump - finally have the time to go thru my garage and office only to find a bunch of stuff I've not touched in years and isn't worth enough to sell.

I thought we were adequately prepared. Then our freezer went kaput, and now you can't buy one anywhere. The one I picked to replace it is backordered until almost September.

I thought we were adequately prepared. Then our freezer went kaput, and now you can't buy one anywhere. The one I picked to replace it is backordered until almost September.
You can thank the COVID-19 scare and the scarcity of meat products for the freezer shortage. Once people heard that meat-packing plants were shutting down, there was a run on meat. Where are they going to store all that meat? In freezers they didn't have. So there was a run on freezers.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads