JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
There are some good things about the TODD. Ease of use and avoiding the expense of probate being the greatest.

But the unintended consequences of using deeds to do estate planning sometimes create more problems than they solve.

I am not an attorney, but I have been a title officer for over 20 years.

I only meant to shed light. PM me if you want to get specific to your situation.

I was thinking about getting a couple more of these...
BEDC148E-99EB-4271-91D9-68FDBF417F75.jpeg
... and maybe a couple chickens (being less likely).
I should probably stock up on some hunting loads in any case.

Bought some more assorted ammo, started doing daily cardio and a little weight lifting, got a fresh large can of sabre red for the door pocket of my pick up in case I get some kind of nonsense gathering outside my window in Portlandistan.

Not much has changed, more alert, less travels, tons of ammo, and workouts are working! Extending the off road hiking, and building up my rucking abilities to their former strength! Got the second drafting cart and mini harness ready to go, and both big dogs are also training. Security dog is also in training, and will be building him up over the next two years to an effective fur missile! :cool:

Tens of millions unemployed. Racial tensions exploding into riots in major cities. Over a hundred thousand dead from a pandemic. A greatly divided nation. And a long, blisteringly hot summer ahead. All ingredients for more mayhem.

So, what are you doing, in practical terms for more civil unrest and social breakdown? Have you changed long term plans? Any changes to your firearms battery?

(Note: Let's please keep this on real world, practical preparedness actions and politics out of it. Thanks in advance.)

Um.... this question is in the present tense, I've well and truly moved into the past tense.... AGES ago, and the view from "up here" is amazing! ;):s0155:

I live in the woods at the end of a dead end road that ends in BLM land. My road runs off another dead end road. So two dead ends before you get to me.
My pantry is stocked, we have three water sources, fuel, medical supplies and ample means to defend it all.
Antifa and the like will probably never be an issue out here.
But unwelcome visitors will be treated appropriately.

If you currently hold title as H & W, the TODD is redundant. Also worth noting if Oregon lasts that long that property conveyed by a TODD is exposed to potential claims against the estate of the decedant for 18 months.

Do you need to have the deed free and clear (e.g., without mortgage or lien) to be able to do a TODD? I want my property to go to my daughter, but I have a mortgage on the property.

Food level is high. Ammo level is very high. Sharper focus, paying attention to the cameras and driveway beeper very closely. We're lucky enough to be semi-rural, but I realize that means if SHTF we're more or less 'on our own' for the short term.

In times like this, I think what you need to do is present a strong "rob someone else" presence.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top