JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It's no coincidence that there are more unemployed people now, than from 2 years ago, before COVID. I'm willing to bet my 7 figures net worth, that ATLEAST 50% of the people in this state are unemployed. Not sure about other states, since I only live in Oregon.

There are MANY indicators that my statement is correct.

1st, there are literally hiring signs everywhere. Literally ever single business is hiring like there is no tomorrow, yet no one wants to work... Im not talking about crappy minimum wage jobs.. I'm talking about good paying jobs as well... This has never been like this before... Just a few years ago it was considered winning a lotto if you landed a job at Mcdonalds, let alone a good paying job.. Competition was so high back then.. Now, you can just walk into a business and you get hired on the spot.. I have friends everywhere, and I hear their stories. The places my friends work at are offering over $16-17/hr some close to $20/hr, yet no one is interested... They had hiring signs for months, yet no one wants to apply..

Have another friend who works at a job offering $30/hr (position for driving a box truck), they have so many open positions available, but not many people are applying....

2nd, Roads are always packed on during the weekdays (not during rush hour), as well as super markets and malls. If people were truly working, they wouldnt be on the road, unless you are a UPS driver or some Uber driver.. But these arent UPS or uber drivers.. I usually see 2 or more people in the car and sometimes with entire families in the car.. They sure as hell arent going to work... Their body language and the clothes they are wearing doesn't match work environment clothing... Not only that, you see kayaks on top of the roof, boats being hauled, motorcycles/atvs being hauled and campervans being driven.. Ya, they arent going to work, that's for sure... Go to a Costco during the week, you will know what Im talking about...

3rd, There are ALWAYS 2-4 cars in people's driveways and they never seem to move... Dont believe me, drive around your neighborhood, drive around apartment complexes. Apartment complexes parking lots are atleast 60-70% full during the day... No one is going to work.. It's true that SOME might be working from home, but are you telling me that the entire neighborhood is working from home?? I think not.

This brings me to my next point.

This scamdemic has caused many people to buy brand new cars and homes. My question is, how are these unemployed people affording these 70-100K brand new cars, along with their half a million dollar homes they recently bought, along with their credit card debt, health insurance, grocery bill, other miscellaneous items such as brand new boats or motorcycles they may have bought.. The people in this country dont even own the clothes on their back, let alone the other luxurious items they have bought.. Very very few people in this country are 100% debt free. I am one of those people, since I dont own credit cards, and I pay cash for everything. Even with collecting unemployment it is simply not possible to have all of those things. Even if you get $4,000 a month in unemployment, it simply isnt enough to buy a $500k home, a $70k car, and to pay for your credit card bills, and auto insurance,. Dont forget, you also got to pay water bill, electricity, cable, cell phone bill, ect.. It isnt possible... Ive done the math...

Evictions started 2 months and federal unemployment has stopped, yet I still see the same crap everyday. People are not working and just randomly traveling around as if they have won the mega millions jackpot...

That being said, where the HELL are they getting all of this money from???

Last Edited:
This is how you buy votes for top down control. Throw money at people to not work until you have a complete crash. Sadly the voters love it so not sure if there is a turning back until some REAL pain is felt. Place I work for is on their hands and knees begging people to take jobs and no one who qualifies is interested. :s0117:

It's no coincidence that there are more unemployed people now, than from 2 years ago, before COVID. I'm willing to bet my 7 figures net worth, that ATLEAST 50% of the people in this state are unemployed. Not sure about other states, since I only live in Oregon.
Thank you for mentioning your worth. Department of revenue has been notified. There are needy people out there and you seem to have an inequitable amount of assets.

This is how you buy votes for top down control. Throw money at people to not work until you have a complete crash. Sadly the voters love it so not sure if there is a turning back until some REAL pain is felt. Place I work for is on their hands and knees begging people to take jobs and no one who qualifies is interested. :s0117:
I understand that many many people got COVID money from the beginning, but now all of that has stopped, so how are they paying the bills now?? They arent working, so where are they getting the money from??

I understand that many many people got COVID money from the beginning, but now all of that has stopped, so how are they paying the bills now?? They arent working, so where are they getting the money from??
Free rent:mad: went on for over a year I think it was. On top of that one extension after another for UE. God only knows how many other "free money" programs I am paying for.🤬

There is this "homeless" guy at the Costco intersection in Tigard. He holds a sign saying "Need Food, Or a Way to Get It". I keep telling myself that there are many places hiring, yet he wastes his time holding a stupid sign... If you need food, work for it!!

anyone seen him before? he is always there..

There is this "homeless" guy at the Costco intersection in Tigard. He holds a sign saying "Need Food, Or a Way to Get It". I keep telling myself that there are many places hiring, yet he wastes his time holding a stupid sign... If you need food, work for it!!

anyone seen him before? he is always there..
While he is holding a sign saying "I want you to hand me money" there is signs in his sight saying "we will hire you and pay you".

My cousin and her man are unemployed, uneducated and with a 3 year old and another on the way. Currently crashing at, sponging off, her mom. I asked them how they're unemployed when theres "help wanted" signs everywhere.

He responded with "I ain't gonna be no janitor or flipping no burgers at McDonald's".

She responds with "I'm creating LIFE. Do you know how stressful being a barista was? That can KILL MY BABY!"

He started to posture, being a faux tough guy. I'm too old to get in a fight with an idiot, I just left. They dont want jobs, at least ones where they have to WORK. They want a free ride, that's it.

I've said it before but I'll say it again, it's not about what youd like to do in this life, its about what you HAVE to do.

My cousin and her man are unemployed, uneducated and with a 3 year old and another on the way. Currently crashing at, sponging off, her mom. I asked them how they're unemployed when theres "help wanted" signs everywhere.

He responded with "I ain't gonna be no janitor or flipping no burgers at McDonald's".

She responds with "I'm creating LIFE. Do you know how stressful being a barista was? That can KILL MY BABY!"

He started to posture, being a faux tough guy. I'm too old to get in a fight with an idiot, I just left. They dont want jobs, at least ones where they have to WORK. They want a free ride, that's it.

I've said it before but I'll say it again, it's not about what youd like to do in this life, its about what you HAVE to do.
They are entitled because someone is supporting them. These are the kind of people who are scary. One day when they suddenly find no one will support them they will form mobs.

A lot of people are running side gigs from home, as well as... well. Just... okay. Do the math on how many 18-50 year old women are there in Oregon, figure about 1/3rd to 1/2 of them are doing cam work/online sex work and so forth(OnlyFans, Fansly, Patreon, et cetera)... and that's being generous (yes there are desperate men worldwide willing to toss lots of money to see skin and something more) .. on the flip side, I've been reading about how many people (not just in Oregon) have been applying for many jobs and still have not heard back from any of them... so taking it with a grain of salt... companies have found it cheaper to keep short staff, no dining in (mcdonalds for example), no cleanup crews, and if they say they're hiring, they can tell the State that they're looking and "no one is interested" and State give them money for "hiring" that mysteriously isn't used for actual hiring...

But then again, there's also the whole forced vaccine thing that is causing a lot of resignations and quitting... so yeah, we are living in interesting times.

Edit.

It can be boiled down to these.

People dont want to work certain things

Companies don't want to hire for certain things

States are giving both money for whatever

Bro, you need to loosen up. Why not use some of that badass "7 figures net worth" and take up trap shooting or reloading or bird watching? "3rd, There are ALWAYS 2-4 cars in people's driveways and they never seem to move...Dont believe me, drive around your neighborhood, drive around apartment complexes" ???? I think you've got WAY too much time on your hands, my man.

Hey O.P. how bout answering some of those wanted adds and find out if they demand the Fauxie Ouchie as part of their hiring process, I bet you find a pretty Big lump of um demanding the jab!
Now, take the rest and add up the pay and bennies, and compare that to what folks were making before the mandates and then ask your self which is greater, the Sippy cup freebies and savings with equity you own, or a $16 hour job wearing a mask and having to take the jab or getting tested several times a month ( both which are harassment BTW) and there's your answer!

People being lazy and not wanting to work has been going on for much longer than the Chineee flu. Back in the 90's I had a Scrap Metal business. Being Sober I thought I'd hire out of the AA halls. Lot's of people there professing that they wanted and needed to turn their life around. I'd buy them breakfast and lunch then pay $10.00/hr cash money at the end of the day. Longest I had a helper last was 3 days. Didn't take me long to figure out that I can't help those unwilling to help themselfs.

People being lazy and not wanting to work has been going on for much longer than the Chineee flu. Back in the 90's I had a Scrap Metal business. Being Sober I thought I'd hire out of the AA halls. Lot's of people there professing that they wanted and needed to turn their life around. I'd buy them breakfast and lunch then pay $10.00/hr cash money at the end of the day. Longest I had a helper last was 3 days. Didn't take me long to figure out that I can't help those unwilling to help themselfs.
YEP!! Long while back, one of those times jobs were not going begging. There was a "day labor" place close to my house. I had worked there a couple times. Both kids at home then had too. One day Son In Law is over. We run up to stopNRob for beer. As I am walking out guy asks me for money. I said you need some cash? He, yes. I point down the road to a sign says Taco Bell. Said see that? That's now a day labor place. You show up there in the morning, they will send you to work, pay you at the end of the day when you come back. He of course scoffs. I said, oh, you mean you want me to give you cash, that I had to go to work for, for nothing, right? He walked off mumbling that he wanted me to perform and impossible sex act on myself. Son In Law was laughing all the way till we got back to the house.

The restaurant jobs are now often requiring you to agree to work any and all shifts and any overtime the restaurant wants. So the job pays more than before covid but involves zero ability to do even partial taking care of your own kids, so have excluded nearly all women who need to combine a job with serious home responsibilities. And the demand to accept all overtime means you are on call for 24/7, most of which you aren't paid for. And they usually keep hours below 30 so you get no health insurance. So the starting salaries are more per hr, but are much worse jobs otherwise. By the way, algorithms are used to to do nearly all prescreening. And part of the algorithm eliminates anyone who has been out of the labor market for more than six months, which includes all the women who lost their jobs because they needed to stay home to take care of kids while schools were closed.

Jobs at McDonalds have not been considered good jobs that people were as lucky to get as winning the lottery any time during the seven plus decades I've been around, let alone a mere few years ago. In fact, "McJob" is slang for a cr@ppy low-paid job where you are overworked and treated like cr@p.

A video I watched last night says that employers are loving the vaccine mandates, because this is allowing them a no-fault way of getting rid of all the people who were already a problem. That is, those less docile, less submissive, and more inclined to think for themselves. My description. Theirs was closer to trouble makers, with what made them trouble makers unspecified.

If people actually were buying new houses and cars while remaining unemployed as you describe, your question about where they are getting the money from assuming they are unemployed never-do-wells, given the extra unemployment and eviction extensions are over, is a question indeed. My first guess is some of your assumptions or observations are incorrect. If there genuinely are lots of houses with suddenly four cars in the driveway instead of two, one possibility is that there are now twice as many people in the house because some people have taken in desperate unemployed relatives. Another possibility is that these people are affluent, and, convinced that inflation is threatening their cash, and/or that supply chain problems with computer chips are going to make new cars, boats, etc. unavailable soon, are converting part of their money to such things. As for more people driving around or going fishing or boating, maybe they're tired of being locked up and there is is pent up demand.

It is, by the way, usually considered gauche to announce your salary or net worth to others, even in private conversations among friends. Super gauche in a public forum that includes people with a huge range of financial situations.

Actually, one of the major qualifications for any job, even a McJob is the ability to show up reliably, sober, and on time. I speculate that a big part of why many employers hire only college grads for jobs that don't require any college at all is it at least proves you can show up reliably and sober. At least usually.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top