Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

How absurd is I-594? Here is a flow chart.

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by GunRightsCoalition, Sep 15, 2014.

1. GunRightsCoalition

GunRightsCoalition Vancouver Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

This flow chart points out how absurd I-594 is and makes it clear that it is meant to create criminals from most law abiding gun owners. You may need to open the link below the image to read the chart. I594FlowChart.png

http://i.imgur.com/QLMj1Em.png

2. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

This law is insane - if your wife even knows the combination to your gun safe and you are away from the house you are guilty of a gross misdemeanor at a minimum. If she gets the combination a second time you are a felon.

GunRightsCoalition likes this.
  3. GunRightsCoalition

I don't think that is quite accurate however based on how confusing it is written it is no surprise that we are having trouble figuring out exactly what it says. Of course it is almost certainly meant to be confusing as that has a chilling effect on the right.

4. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

If you follow the tree, the law assumes that if anyone has access to your firearms that a transfer is implied. Just follow the flowchart:

Own a Firearm?
    yes​
    Have you handed it to someone else?
    no​
    Have you knowingly left or placed it somewhere that somebody else (i.e. your wife) has control of it due to proximity and their knowledge of existence?
    yes​
    Are you a licensed dealer?
    No​
    Are they a licensed dealer?
    no​
    Did you complete a background check through a licensed dealer prior to transfer?
    no​

At this point you can be charged with a crime, where if you plead innocent the burden of proof is on you and not the prosecution. So much for innocent until proven guilty. If you are giving the firearm to your wife you are technically innocent, but the disposition is ambiguous where a transfer is not taking place.

5. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Washington State will have to build a lot more jails if this passes.

RW-Ore likes this.
  6. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

Plus it is a tax,
    "The purpose of taxes is to deny you the use of the money and control what you do."

7. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

My flow chart is more simplified.o_O

Own or want to own a firearm and plan to take it out of your safe once in awhile, and are not a complete hermit?> Live in fear that the State can charge you with a crime.

8. WilliamIV

WilliamIV Longview, Washington Active Member

I can't even imagine this stupid bill passing but unfortunately I have a gut feeling it will. People need to be informed on how terrible it is I was telling my mom about this bill. She stopped me mid sentence and said she agrees with background checks. Needless to say many people just think it's a simple background check.

9. GunRightsCoalition

That is why it is so important to get the word out. Ironically they actually could have written a bill that would have been hard to oppose if it simply dealt with private sales. I still would have disagreed with it however it would have been much harder to fight. They are trying to take too much here though and if enough can be made aware of it then it will be defeated.

10. WilliamIV

You have no idea how bad I want this thing defeated (actually I'm sure all of you do). It's just ridiculous how literally everyone of us will instantly become a criminal. Every time I see my uncle he always has at least 1 new firearm that I like to handle and shoot. This wouldn't allow me to do it without breaking the law. It's absurd.

11. GunRightsCoalition

I'm sure I do though I don't know that most realize how important it is. I'm doing everything I can personally however it is grassroots and it's mostly roots with very little grass. Meaning I can set the seeds but I don't have anything to fertilize with so I'm hoping the soil is rich without it. The one thing we all have is our voice and if we use it we can win this. Or rather defeat it.

12. WilliamIV

You're on social media called Gun Rights Coalition aren't you? I think I've seen you. That's a very powerful resource. I don't get how they will enforce this law either. What if my father and I are hunting and he is using one of my rifles like he has in the past? How does that work?

13. GunRightsCoalition

I do lead the Gun Rights Coalition on FB. It actually was started to fight I-594 however we are fighting for the right to keep and bear arms everywhere. (We have helped to fight the draconian laws in NJ for instance) We have a lot of good groups in the coalition. As far as hunting that is an exception in I-594 provided that you are only in the area allowed for hunting and you both have the required permits and licenses. Once your up on the road though then that is no longer in the hunting area and would not qualify. It's one of the deceptions because it gives a very narrow exception that is hard to comply with even when your trying your best to do so.

14. WilliamIV

I'll have to go support your page then! I'm thankful for organizations like yours that defend our rights. Thank you very much! So I'm assuming with the hunting situation I would be transporting two firearms until I was in the field? That's so twisted and confusing.

15. GunRightsCoalition

Yes, all of the other exceptions are really limited in scope like this as well.

16. Certaindeaf

Certaindeaf SE Portland Well-Known Member

Yep, it's a precursor to califating you up the bunghole.

17. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

God help Or-e-gon if this passes!!!!:eek:

18. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Do you know who put this together?

19. Michael Js

Michael Js Greater Seattle, WA Active Member

Sad...I keep contributing, but my measly $$ won't look like anything compared to the billionaire idiots who are funding and buying the public on I-594!!

Where's the NRA???????? I just contributed to them too!!

20. GunRightsCoalition

Tim Hermann, I'll send you a message to the original post on FB.

Done, it will be in your other folder.