Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

How about some sig pro love?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by mphillip, May 20, 2009.

1. mphillip

mphillip lebanon,Oregon Member

Just picked up a new sig pro 2022 9mm with 2 mags and night sights for 550.00 one of the most underrated pistols out there, I heard rumors sig might stop makeing these for the civilan market.Big mistake if ya ask me, i guess they are are trying to push the sig 250 which is a great concept but i have not been too impressed with it when i handled one.Anyways sig pro owners let your voices be heard!

2. Spad

Spad Kennewick,WA, the desert side Active Member

I have a Sig Pro 2022 9mm and have to agree with you that it is one of the most underated pistols on the market.Fine workmanship, night sights, more accurate then many pistols out there. I really like mine. It will stay on the civilian market outside the U.S. and Sig says they will keep parts on hand in the US untill 2022. The two different grips are a great feature, along with a nice trigger pull. I got mine from CDNN at a lower price, I don't know if they have anymore, but they are a buy. Bill

3. Intervention

Intervention NW Member

The 250 was a great concept, that is all. It is not half the gun the Sig Pro is.

4. Spad

Spad Kennewick,WA, the desert side Active Member

Sig is pushing the DAO pistol. I like my 225/P6 better then the 250 as I don't like DAO. Course with the modular trigger system maybe you can get S/A, who knows what is the next thing. Can't keep up with all the re-designs. I have a Makarov that you can dump in the sand, let it get full of dog and cat hair, shoot all day and it still keeps working, hard to beat. Bill

5. motoman98

motoman98 Gresham, OR Active Member

Had a SigPro in .40...good gun, a little bulky for carry.
    Bought a P250 in .40 and got the 9mm slide, too
    Never been a DAO shooter, but learning to pull the trigger back to a uniform spot, then firing, changes the traits of DAO. Reminds me of the two stage triggers on the old military rifle. It's not bad and I like the feel of the grip, balance of the pistol. Typical sig....absolute reliablity.

6. inheritor

inheritor burlington illinois Member

i have seen this term used alot im a little unclear of its meaning could someone please explain it to me:)

7. mphillip

mphillip lebanon,Oregon Member

DAO= double action only

8. candyman

candyman Scappoose, OR Active Member

ill take a 226 or a 228/9 over a pro any day

dont get me wrong they are a good gun but for the price you can usally find a used 226/228

9. inheritor

inheritor burlington illinois Member

thanks mphillip felt kinda dumb asking but now i know