JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I've seen full Auto's for sale, for like $4000 for a basic uzi and up. But when I investigate further it says you need a demo license. Is this for all autos or can you just get a tax stamp. I'm confused.

Oh I got another question. What is this thing I've been hearing about called the part count. If you modify a weapon it has to have x number of USA made parts or something. Whats that all about and where is a good sight for obscure laws like that?

Two things come to mind on this.
First , you mention "US" parts. In this you are probably referring to an imported item like a FN Fal, L1A1, Cetme, AK, etc.
As you might remember, the import of foreign made "assault weapons" was banned some years ago. However, the import of parts from these was still permitted, as long as the total of the parts was not re-assembled into the original weapon. This also meant that the foreign made receiver could not be imported.
Then, some US manufacturers hit on the idea of importing these parts and combining with a US made receiver and usually a few additional US made parts to make the end result a hybrid of foreign and US parts. The parts count thing enters if you try to re-convert the weapon back toward it's original state, eliminating the US made parts or taking a US receiver and then combining it with 100% foreign parts. I dont recall the exact required number of US parts, but if you have something like a "Century" with a US made receiver, there will also be a few other US made replacement parts, to satisfy the import requirements. Changing out the US parts to original parts could get you a violation.
The other thing about a parts count could pertain to using over a certain number of full auto component parts in a semi weapon, such as having an M-16 bolt carrier, selector, trigger, hammer, and disconnector in a semi AR-15. ATF would consider that "Collective Possesion" of a machine gun, even though it would not fire full auto without further modification. This would also include having too many M-2 parts in a semi M-1 carbine. I believe that count limit is any two parts, but check with an ATF office if in doubt on either of these examples. :s0155:

IMHO I would not bother with all the hassles and such, owning one would entail. I spent 25 years in spec ops. and I can tell you in all honesty that auto or burst is rarely ever used. Almost every thing I was ever issued had the "switch" but was very seldom used. In the Civilian world, something like this would be a total waste of ammo. not to mention very expensive and hard or parts. When we used our issue weapons in rock and roll mode, the life span of barrels and bolt parts went way down. Shooting with any hope of accuracy also went strait to hell. Best used in short bursts for keeping heads down or pinning some one in place while other team members could move into position and take them down! Fun to own and shoot I guess for those who have never served, or never had to run and gun with only the ammo you carried on you, but of no practical value in the real world. Even when S.H.T.F. I would much prefer plain old semi auto only. Just my honest opinion. For the record, I carry a semi auto in 7.62x 51 and its more then able to handle any thing that comes into range!o_O

Honestly, automatic weapons are the best financial investment someone can make. Wish I lived in Oregon for that reason, 10K in full-auto is going to appreciate way better than anything else you can sink 10K into. Combined with the fact that legally your investment is much better protected. The police actually care if an NFA item is stolen. They don't do anything when wall street steals 10K from some average person.

That's why full auto owners really don't want the NFA act to go away - it would cause massive depreciation of their investments.

There are two times when owning a subgun are the most enjoyable.

1. Seeing the grin on your friend's face when he does his first mag dump.

2. Enjoying the friendly competition at a local subgun match. Hanging out with fellow subgun owners is a good time.

It doesn't hurt that the gun I bought for $5k two years ago would sell for $6k now, and I've enjoyed shooting it in the mean time.

I've got nothing against sub-guns;) What ever turns your crank.:)
I usually go to the range with enough cartridges to accomplish my purpose, whether
it's setting zero, or proofing a load. Kind of like sharpening a knife. I want to be sure it will do what I require of it next time I pick it up.:D

I keep trying to tell my wife why spending $25K on a registered receiver M16 is a good financial idea but she isnt buying it.

price is leveling out. but I cant ever see it going down
db_M16A11.gif

db_M16A11.gif

The best investment back in the day was a registered Lightning Link.
They could be had for as little as $175.00, plus the price of the stamp.
If you can find one now, they are selling for well over $10,000.00

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSraiTxNdkmhme6vWirh2gX6mIE0jjQYmEmyacAb2j8hwgxzhF9fA.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSraiTxNdkmhme6vWirh2gX6mIE0jjQYmEmyacAb2j8hwgxzhF9fA.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR