JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Heck we have had 5am police raids here one right across the street. Marion County Drug team with Canby officers came in and busted the gal across the street. While the Silverton cops were 4 blocks down the street having breakfast.

I had told the Silverton cops a couple months before that she was selling Meth but they wanted me to fill out this huge 6 page questionnaire on all the comings and goings. So I gave up unless they pay me I'm not doing their jobs.

There would be guys on her roof at 11pm cleaning her gutters, A half dozen or more people a day being dropped off while the driver circled the block. Sometimes they would park in front of my house and walk across the street. This prompted me to walk out and explain to the driver they had about 30 sec to leave or I would take a baseball bat to their cars. They usually got the hint. Though I did make it out of the shop with the bat a few times. But never all the way to the car.

Lol, you lived at E. Coli Manor!

Here in Vancouver, there have been a load of busts for growing weed. Apparently, people think it's okay to grow it for export, because, you know, technically it can be legal to grow for personal use here.

Close - just down the street off Briggs n Jenkins at the place that backed up to the now defunct trailer park. Oakview Village i think it was called.

Yep, I live in a nice lake neighborhood but its not. There is one house at the end of my private lane that was rented to a local stripper who had a lot of single male "guests" before she moved to Vegas and went pro, and then there is the Muslim family two houses up. Some of the most inconsiderate and problematic neighbors I have ever had. There little (5-8 year old) kids come down and throw rocks at my dogs threw the fence while screaming "f--in stupid dogs!" They park there cars in the middle of my single lane private entry lane so the 4 houses past them can not get in or out and the entire lot around the home is basically a garbage heap. The women of the house walk to the end of the lane and treat the lake homes like there own personal resort. Using the private docks and lawns like they owned the place. They have been run off from every lake house, yet continue to trespass. We are talking about a $450K house too, of course they are renting it but still, this is not the getto.... Now before you go off and think me a racist let me point out the house right next to me has a family from India, three generations living in the same house. They are some of the nicest neighbors I have ever had. Hard working, family centered folks who keep a meticulous yard. Always out participating in family activity's, always smile and have a kind wave (the older generations I dont think even speak English, yet they are super friendly )

In the 10 years Ive been here though no flash bangs or mine sweepers have shown up so I guess its not that bad. (knock on wood)

the older generations I dont think even speak English,

Yes very gentle, polite, etc... Do not let that keep you from the idea, that ~yes, they do~ Speak English, they just ~do not~ Do so with us...

I have seen it first hand, in a 7-11, owned entirely by a Hindu family, I have no problems with it either... I want that understood, I am inly sharing "culturally" the older ones will share/speak in extremely limited English.... Then get on the phone, and do an order for products, in perfect English!!!!

So be careful in OpSec around them, if needed!!! o_O

philip

I would have a real problem with kids throwing rocks at my dog or blocking the roadway.
I'd leave a couple slashed tires in those vehicles then call to have them towed. Those kids would get a good taste of respect.
I don't respond well to bad neighbors or people being disrespectful like that.
Have you contacted the owner or the city to file a complaint?

I have on the car issue. My lane is kind of strange. There are 6 houses on it, mine and the two towards the lake are the "original" houses. My house was built in 1944 and was the original lake house, since two more have been built closer. Us three own the land the driveway is on and have ingress and egress easements for the lower houses. The three towards the road from me have a city maintained lane in front of there house which comes all the way to my property line. Those three houses are not even suppose to have street parking. The lane which is only wide enough for two cars (about 20 feet) is suppose to be kept clear for ingress and egress only. The houses are 4000 sq foot houses built on 6000 sq foot lots. they have garages and two off street parking spaces each (driveway in front of the garage) Yet all three houses park in the lane leaving only one car width to get past. If someone parks a few feet from the curb side it makes it a really tight fit to get by. I often come home with a trailer and have to back down the lane about a 100 yards trying to fit through those cars. Its not ideal. I have complained to the city and they more or less said "your right, but so what" The Muslim house on more than one occasion has parked not at the curb side, but blocking the lane. The women simply look at you when you honk at them. I honestly think that they must be told what to do by the man of the house or they simply dont do anything. I got to think its some kind of cultural thing simply because no one could be so unaware of there surroundings.

Now the kids I just deal with, I look pretty mean and when I yell they disappear. I do everything I can to avoid any interactions other than "Get the F... Outta here!"

I think slashing the tires would be a bad move, I think I would come home to find my dogs dead or house burned down. I just think that's the kind of people they are. A Mexican family owns the home and used to live there. They are nice folks and I hope they either move back at some point or sell the house. Most of my neighbors are long timers and good folks. We have a real community with very few exceptions. Most of the houses around me are 500K plus (which does not really buy much around here) with a few million plus houses on the lake. I have two vacant acres to the south and 1.5 to the north. Considering I am only a mile from the Seatac International Airport that is quite a lot of privacy.

... ingress and egress easements ...
Are a Matter of Law, and in Oregon are subject to Automatic Towing, for needs of Emergency Vehicles!

If the ingress and egress is being blocked, I would, (and have) called Local Law Enforcement for "Need" to comply... Call on a phone which is not connected to your name, and stay anonymous. As much as possible, that is. Share your concern for reprisal, if needed.

In my (prior) situation, the issue was resolved easily, upon "Move or be Towed" notification!!!

philip... Stay legal, as long as possible, most laws are helpful... :)

Few notes...

Muslims are a mixed bag like any religion, what really matters is what their ethnicity is.

As far as clearing up the problem... you don't need to call the police, you can call the tow company directly.

I used to have a similar problem in a place I lived, there was an armenian family who owned a car dealership or something and would stash cars all over the complex (like 9 cars for 3 people) and would burn up all the guest parking.

Few of us (we lived in a huge condo with like 8 guys) got a floor jack and some wheel dollies, and would just pile up all the cars over in one corner and we made special effort to make sure the cars could not be driven out of the positions they were in. It took care of the issue.

Yeah calling them "The Muslims" is the wrong thing. The women wear burkas and they come from someplace in south Aftica I would guess.

I'm not racist, really... I mean what else do you call them that's better?

Before the Indians moved in next door we called that the "Chinese Maffia house" because some Asians owned it that would show up once or twice a month in a white van pull in the garage and leave again in five minutes. Then an hour later another car would show up go in the garage and leave 5 minutes later. Then no one would show for weeks. Figured they must have been using it for some sort of drop. It was actually great. For the year or so that went on we had no one next door and they took excellent care of the place.

Silly folks..

He probably owed a mere $7.95 on his taxes.

Perfectly normal heavy handed response for owing the IRS such a minuscule amount of dough..

Honestly I'd film them.
If film all the officers and make sure they were aware of their muzzles.

If not, I'd hold everyone of them accountable.. But wait, there's more!

I'd use their exact excuse/legal jargon to then apply to my
Open Carry "Defensive Lifestyle"..

Odds are between getting their rifle out of their vehicle, mounting it (sling) and then dismounting the rifle.. Somewhere in all those ranges of motion they are bound to muzzle sweep someone no matter how careful they are.. And it's at that point Id love to take notes from their legal team to then use in my defense should I need it.

MUCH like we've seen time and time again with the harassment of Open Carriers and those of us who live a "Defensive Lifestyle".

You're lucky they didn't raid your house by mistake.. Lord knows they get their intell from a guy who ate lead paint chips as a kid.. You know.. Equal opportunities and all.

Over here in Idaho, the meth is an issue. We have a lot of cops here. What I like about Idaho is, there prison stays. We are low on major crimes, but very high on length of sentence. I have a cop pass by our house on a country road about every 5-10 minutes. Most folks don't lock there doors. Lots of gun owners with lots of guns.

I live in Caldwell. Also known as el centro. But not where we live. We are surrounded by AG. Live across the street from lake Lowell. A beautiful view of the lake and the owyhee mountains from our front window.
I'm glad to be back here. I will gladly take a Mexican over a liberal any day. They are very good people. They like the fire water, but just look both ways at the intersection. I'm surrounded by a wild life refuge. On a hill. You can see the all the high school football fields lit up from up here. I do miss the logging stuff in Oregon, and the bear hunting. And also you have to water everything here.
Twin falls is good. It's grown to much in certain ways. If I lived out there, I'd go country. Like Jerome, Wendell, declo, etc. hunting license and tags are dirt cheap compared to Oregon. I think a deer tag is like 21.00

About 10 years or so ago I was living in a crappy apartment complex in Beaverton, between the Costco and Winco off Jenkins. Got awakened one morning - very early, maybe around 6:30ish - to a loud boom, then to "Sheriff's Office put your m---- f------ hands in the air" or something to that effect. Lots of thumping and thudding, a bit more shouting. Poked my head out the door and there's the Washington County tac team dragging our neighbor down the stairs in cuffs.

Asked them what was going on - they said they were serving a drug warrant. That evening said neighbor returned home to find a 24 hour GTFO notice on his door from the owners. He said he had a medical MJ card, the cops said he was distributing. He claims the cops found nothing - but I had the day off that day, and the cops were there literally tearing his place up and hauling crap out in bags, and had a pair of detectives baby sitting the place for about 8 hours before turning control back to the apt managers. The guy moved out the next day - the maintenance guy showed me his apartment - big holes in the walls where the cops tore the sheet rock off, a big charred spot on the carpet where the flashbang exploded, they did a number on the place and the owners were trying to pin all the damage costs on the tenant (or rather, former tenant) saying he was responsible for the police' actions. Essentially, if he didn't have drugs in his apartment, they would not have torn the place up. Never heard the final disposition of that case, but that neighbor was a frickin' weirdo and I was glad to see him gone.

Beaverton is a weird mix of nice and not-nice. Some of the nicest neighborhoods in Oregon, some of the worst also.

I lived in the apartment complex at 2nd and Erickson across from Beaverton High after I got out of the Army. Swinging bachelor, no responsibilities except pursuing my own pleasures... I couldn't resist $395 rent for a one bedroom, even if I was one of only two Americans in the whole joint. In the year or year and a half I lived there, I think police SWAT-raided one neighbor or another at least 5 times, with less hostile warrant-service in between. I bet the owner bought prehung doors by the pallet load.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top