JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How could a national campaign be implemented against Oregon or any other states that are anti- 2nd A? Any ideas? Who could offer such a campaign?

"Problem" I see with this is trying to hurt business owners who may have nothing to do with the choices voters make. You have to remember states like OR and WA only have anti gun laws because voters wanted them. Now if some business shows it has anti gun idea's, great, I would do all I could to not support them. Even in anti gun states there are business's that DO NOT support these idea's.

I'm expecting the earthquake and resulting tsunami to take care of most of the problem. Hoping all you guys are on vacation east of the Cascades when it goes down.

Hammer your head to penalize your hand for hitting your thumb!

Or....

C7D602B7-56BD-4088-80F6-F001C1056C5C.gif

:D:D:D:D

How could a national campaign be implemented against Oregon or any other states that are anti- 2nd A? Any ideas? Who could offer such a campaign?

Never happen. We can't even abide boycotts of the local businesses that have crapp3d on us. Too many excuses why the local BiMart and even Benchmade shouldn't be picked on.

Never happen. We can't even abide boycotts of the local businesses that have crapp3d on us. Too many excuses why the local BiMart and even Benchmade shouldn't be picked on.

That part is VERY much a "to each his own". I "did" love Benchmade. Did look forward a long time to BiMart coming here. Kept hearing from my neighbors south of me how nice they were. Well by the time they opened one up here the store had done it for me. Many still shop there and that's fine with me. I will not. Many still support Benchmade, I will never buy another. Sure not going to throw away the couple BM knives I have, just will not buy another. I don't make a deal out of any who do still shop at one or buy the other though. My favorite line I took from another member here. My wallet and gun are best friends. Where one is not welcome the other will not go.

Boycotts don't work.

Chik-Fil-A sales were up 12% immediately after being threatened with a boycott for their stance on gays.

Nike? Nike's sales were up 31% after their recent boycott due to their ad profiling Kaepernick.

Shoots, Rugers are selling great right now -- despite Bill's(R.I.P.) errant opinions. Springfield Armory is still going strong as well.

My advice is vote with one's dollar. As in -- Focus more energy on spending one's money at businesses that actively support the 2a, versus trying to keep track of all the ones that don't.

Used 'Google' lately?

A "national campaign"? Never going to happen. Not only that there are plenty of businesses here in Oregon that are pro-2A. what about them?

Boycotts don't work.

Chik-Fil-A sales were up 12% immediately after being threatened with a boycott for their stance on gays.

Nike? Nike's sales were up 31% after their recent boycott due to their ad profiling Kaepernick.

Shoots, Rugers are selling great right now -- despite Bill's(R.I.P.) errant opinions. Springfield Armory is still going strong as well.

My advice is vote with one's dollar. As in -- Focus more energy on spending one's money at businesses that actively support the 2a, versus trying to keep track of all the ones that don't.

Used 'Google' lately?

Again a "to each his own" but to me Google is a great example. Of course I use them because it's very hard not to. Microsoft is VERY anti gun, again hard to avoid them. Not impossible but hard.
Now when it comes to some Beer Co, store, or knife maker? There I have tons of choices at my finger tips. So rub my nose in your anti gun views? You will never see my money. Again this is me, I don't care much what others do with this. I get far more pissed at gun owners supporting anti gun politicians than I do gun owners shopping at BiMart or buying a Benchmade knife.

If we can't motivate Pro-2A Oregonians to vote in sufficient numbers to neutralize the gun-grabber agenda, how might it work asking the very same demographic to specifically seek out products from out of state?

Maybe I missed the thread but what did Benchmade do that was anti-2A? I read that they helped destroy firearms that were taken by the police. I'm not trying to stir the pot, just wondering if I missed something.

They might have spun the act of the destruction of the guns themselves, however distasteful, but they can't spin themselves out of their contributions to rabid anti gun politicians.:mad:

Microsoft is VERY anti gun, again hard to avoid them. Not impossible but hard.

Unless you have an absolute need for MS branded products or specific programs that require Windows, it isn' that hard to avoid MS, and you can often reliably make Windows programs run on Linux.

I haven't given MS a dime for 20 years. Wasn't hard.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top