JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone seen any of these in the portland metro area? If not have you seen them elsewhere in the country? I am considering the feasibility of buying one for a year round sports-craft for fishing, duck/geese hunting, hauling out game, fun, etc.

Am i crazy?

19XR Sport : Universal Hovercraft, The World Leader in Hovercraft Technology

19xr_sport2.jpg

@Kimber Yeah the WWII ones seem to fetch a pretty penny

@Jaime I have never seen one in real life but im told the noise is much better than previous generations, but i dont know how good that is.

@Blitzkrieg That is exactly the model i was looking at, the 19XRW looks like a real hoot though!

I am hoping to eventually find someone who owns one somewhere in the NW to get in touch with to talk about how their experiences.

If you want something that floats this might be the ticket, Amphibious Vehicles - Amphibious ARGO ATV, ARGO AATV, ARGO All Terrain Vehicle I have heard good things about them. The big "downside" is the top speed is fairly slow compared to an ATV.

If you don't care if it floats you need this, 2011 Polaris Sportsman Big Boss 6x6 800 ATV : Overview I am hoping to have the funds for a new one this fall with a track set. There is a company in Spokane that is much cheeper for high end tracks. I have an older model that I have had for a decade now and love it. It has hauled game, wood, gravel, dirt, fire fighting slip tank, tools, kids, ext. I has kept my driveways plowed amazingly and is great for pulling stuff. OH and the best part is you can play and have fun just riding it too.

Silverton High School power mechanics class built a working Hover craft in 1973 using a prop craved by a model airplane nut taking wood shop. It flew around the sports fields for days before hitting something in the grass and off balancing the prop causing it to come apart.

Worked pretty nice if they had had a good brush prop they might have still been running it a year later when I took the class.

pretty dang expensive but cool looking. I would probably go for a long travel sand rail if I had 65K to spendo n a toy but thats just me. Although with dirt tires they do awesome in the desert...

Great suggestions everyone but i am mainly wondering if anyone Has anyone seen/used a hovercrafts in the portland metro area? Whether it be floating or sitting in someone's garage. I would be interested in seeing one of these in action eventually.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top