JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not familiar with the term "jugging"?

It's basically a stalk and steal approach criminals use to take cash from bank customers who've recently withdrawn money from an ATM.

They watch, wait, and then strike when the victim least suspects it or is most vulnerable.

Gun jugging is the same thing except criminals target guns instead of cash. Ranges are a popular hangout for gun juggers because shooters are coming and going all the time, and sometimes they don't take all their firearms out of their vehicles at once.

I'm just a jugalo, sing it!

.... and everywhere I go, people wanna know the guns I'm packin'. They look for every chance to steal my guns for cash. Ooh, what they're saying.

There will come a day and some douche will have to pay. What will they say about me? When that time comes I know I only get one call. Life goes on without me!

I'm just a jugalo and everywhere I go, people wanna know the guns I'm packin'. They look for every chance to steal my guns for cash. Ooh, what they're saying.

And there will come a day and some douche will have to pay. What will they say about me? When that time comes I know I only get one call. Life goes on without me!

When the end comes I know I'm just a jugalo.... Life goes on without me!

'Cause I ain't got nobody
Oh and there's nobody that cares for me
There's nobody that cares for me!

The end.

I do think about theft when I give a firearms display or talk....
Haven't had any losses that way ...yet.
Most folks at rendezvous watch out for others.
I haven't heard or experienced thievery at any of the Rendezvous that I have attended.
( except for one a while ago* )

Now at a more modern event like a fair or the like...
I do have to keep a more sharp outlook

I have lost small items ....
Things like flints or round ball...getting looked at , handled , then dropped in the grass...
But that is to be expected and again not theft.

*Once a few years ago at a rendezvous..
There was a fella who showed up , to visit...most rendezvous are open to the public....
He roamed around and was caught stealing items from vendors and camps..

With out going into detail...
Before the Sheriff got to the rendezvous site...He did return the stolen items.
It does not do to steal from mountain men...even modern ones.
It seems that he had a record and some outstanding warrants as well...he was arrested and that was that.
Andy

Not familiar with the term "jugging"?

It's basically a stalk and steal approach criminals use to take cash from bank customers who've recently withdrawn money from an ATM.

They watch, wait, and then strike when the victim least suspects it or is most vulnerable.

Gun jugging is the same thing except criminals target guns instead of cash. Ranges are a popular hangout for gun juggers because shooters are coming and going all the time, and sometimes they don't take all their firearms out of their vehicles at once.

Wife and I have LONG been careful about this. When we go to the range, we get back in the car and go home to unload. If we need to stop along the way only one of us goes in for just this reason. We do not go from range to place to eat and such. Last winter I got a good laugh. It's 20 deg and sunny. As we are ready to turn into parking lot I see this kook, waving his arms, no shirt on, screams at me as I stop to let him past so I can pull into the parking lot. You can hear on dash cams, Wife who finally sees him, telling me what the hell is that? I say what does it look like. She gets all scared saying what if he follows us? I started laughing saying no better place to follow me than the gun range.:s0140:
I played the tape for my boss at work and he got a big laugh out of it.

Did someone take a buckskin condom to him? ;):D

Well ...No....:D

But when you are caught "red handed" by several angry large individuals who have sharp knives , tomahawks and heavy rifles in hand...not to forget to mention, that many of the same individuals are former military...
The line from Copperhead Road , comes to mind...
"I learned a thing or two from Charlie don't you know"...

He fessed up right quick and gave up his ill gotten plunder in exchange for some "guarantees"..

Now I am not saying that force was used here....or coercion...
But I would be willing to say that in the environment at the time , there was a strong behoovement to return various items , that found their way into his possession.
Andy

Didn't have a name for it but I was warned of this on Sunday. I bought at a large chain in a not so great neighborhood and the guy told me they've had problems recently of people sitting in the parking lot waiting for people walking out with cases/boxes. I felt a bit dumb for a second because it made so much sense but I'd never really concerned myself over before.

Didn't have a name for it but I was warned of this on Sunday. I bought at a large chain in a not so great neighborhood and the guy told me they've had problems recently of people sitting in the parking lot waiting for people walking out with cases/boxes. I felt a bit dumb for a second because it made so much sense but I'd never really concerned myself over before.

Well, it also helps to have "clueless on my surroundings, come "jugg" me!" written on your forehead, maybe some "clueless" cologne as well.

;)

Well, it also helps to have "clueless on my surroundings, come juggle me!" Written in your forehead, maybe some "clueless" cologne as well.

;)
I wouldn't disagree :cool:

He warned me and I felt my stomach drop, not out of fear, but because I was shocked I had never considered the possibility while purchasing guns.

That being said, I'm very observant of my surroundings and very little slips by me. I also look a bit menacing, to the point that gun salesman usually ask "are you sure you haven't had a felony." ;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top