JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow, what is you give them the old " am I under arrest? If no, then I do not consent, to any searches of my person, or my property, if I am not under arrest, then I will be on my way, as you do not have probable cause to detain me, as I am not committing any crime."

Wow, what is you give them the old " am I under arrest? If no, then I do not consent, to any searches of my person, or my property, if I am not under arrest, then I will be on my way, as you do not have probable cause to detain me, as I am not committing any crime."

Good luck with this course of action. As far as i can tell from U.S. law you can be detained for up to 48 hours without a charge.

So, if they want to get nasty, you could find yourself in jail without probable cause.

M67

Good luck with this course of action. As far as i can tell from U.S. law you can be detained for up to 48 hours without a charge.

So, if they want to get nasty, you could find yourself in jail without probable cause.

M67
Maybe. But I'm guessing more like this...

If the "officer" wants to make an issue out of it, a supervisor is probably sent out to assess. But if that's not protocol, then the "arresting" officer can drag your old bones in, and explain to his boss the whole thing, probably get his a$$ chewed, then IF they keep you, he'll fill out paperwork that will result in nothing more than exposing him for the tool he is.

Assuming you are in fact, clean.

Off course YMMV.

Maybe. But I'm guessing more like this...

If the "officer" wants to make an issue out of it, a supervisor is probably sent out to assess. But if that's not protocol, then the "arresting" officer can drag your old bones in, and explain to his boss the whole thing, probably get his a$$ chewed, then IF they keep you, he'll fill out paperwork that will result in nothing more than exposing him for the tool he is.

Assuming you are in fact, clean.

Off course YMMV.

In my opinion, you have to much faith in the TSA, DHS, etc, to do the right thing.

What used to be our rights, are now considered to be privileges, that can be revoked at will by those in power.

This is not much different than the recent accounts of DHS doing similar activities on the max lines in portland.

We are all guilty of something, untill proven otherwise. The Gov is out of controll.... Ever read George Orwell's 1984?

M67

Hitler and the Nazi's took a similar approach in the 1930's. It's like boiling a fish or a frog - slowly change the temperature such that they don't notice until it's too late...

Peter

In my opinion, you have to much faith in the TSA, DHS, etc, to do the right thing.

What used to be our rights, are now considered to be privileges, that can be revoked at will by those in power.

This is not much different than the recent accounts of DHS doing similar activities on the max lines in portland.

We are all guilty of something, untill proven otherwise. The Gov is out of controll.... Ever read George Orwell's 1984?

M67

Oh. I have clearly given you the wrong impression. I have ZERO faith in TSA or DHS. Gov is out of control you say? Read Top Secret America or at least watch it over at PBS Frontline.

My earlier point was, what would be the likely outcome of resisting an unwarranted shakedown by some agent out to justify his job.
The more push back there is the better. If people keep just going along with it, they will be in our homes before we know it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top