JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Does anyone else think the whole "festival" type of concert is a bad idea? I always have.
Yes. Now anyway i guess. Too many people seem to have lost common sense and decency. Having not read the whole story, what's the purpose of shoving your way to the front of such a large gathering? Now all the law suits will be coming against anyone and every one they can think of. There's no personal responsibility any more. Always someone else's fault, up to and including the president of The United States. :s0099:

If you are depending on the security (or cops) to stop an unruly gathering (even a riot)?

Yeah.....
People be stupid.

Especially NOW that the NEW RULES are in place.

Aloha, Mark

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe..."

Not attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion, but did see a glass door shatter as a guy was pushed though it at a festival seating concert. Years before The Who concert the same bubblegum happened where I was; multiple lines outside and they only opened one entrance. So the very inebriated mob at the other door (in which I was very close to the front) surged, people pounding on the glass and boom! shatter... I didn't get cut, and ended up getting pushed then pulled (by a security guy no less) through one of the broken doors.

lol he didn't even take my ticket, just shoved (thrown really) me forward. I stumbled but didn't fall and took off running into the arena. Got right in front on the floor. Completely lost my friends. Thought it was great fun.

Festival seating was the order of the day. I don't think I went to an assigned seat concert till I was in my 20s. It wasn't odd to get in line 12 hours before the doors opened. (The longest for me was two days in line.) Unsurprisingly by the time things opened many were so baked that good judgement was nowhere to be found. Injuries were common. Kind of swore off concerts at the ripe old age of 18. Stopped being fun.

True fact; my bride and I were at the same outdoor festival when she was 16 and I was 17! We didn't know till we'd been married for years.

Oh yeah, to get on topic... festival seating can be pretty stupid. Mostly depends on the type of people who are going to show up. Stupid as I was not sure even I would have gone to a Dethklok concert.

Does anyone else think the whole "festival" type of concert is a bad idea? I always have.
Last time I went to a concert was ZZ, back in 70's. I went with a few young people who had never been to one. "festival Seating" they called it. Meaning no reserved seating. They had 10K seats and sold 11K tickets. We got there early, I sat us way up in the back. Standing behind us for all those with no seats. The guys I was with at first wanted to move down close. I said wait. After things started I kept pointing out sparklers and bottles that were being tossed down there. Said you want to be sitting where those land? We enjoyed the music just fine. When it was over those guys jumped up to go. I sat them back down to wait. We still ended up in the tail end of the human crush. Several went to the hospital that night. Fun as it was it was also the last time I went to one.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe..."

Not attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion, but did see a glass door shatter as a guy was pushed though it at a festival seating concert.
Awesome Bladerunner reference. I quote that line all the time. Mostly over the head it goes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top