JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A House panel advanced a GOP measure Wednesday that would greatly expand the ability of Americans to carry concealed weapons across state lines, while also moving on a bipartisan basis to close loopholes in the federal background check system for gun buyers.

The two bills are the first firearms-related legislation to advance on Capitol Hill since mass shooters in Las Vegas and Texas killed a combined 84 people. The House Judiciary Committee approved the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act on a 19-11 party-line vote, then passed the Fix NICS Act on a 17-6 bipartisan vote.

The National Rifle Association this week called the concealed-carry bill, which requires states to honor permits issued elsewhere, its "highest legislative priority in Congress." The group says mandatory reciprocity would prevent "abuses" in states with strict firearms laws and allow gun owners "to exercise their rights nationwide with peace of mind."

"Your fundamental right to keep and bear arms should not end at the state line," the group said in urging its members to contact their representatives and call for its passage.

Continue Reading: House panel votes to expand right to carry concealed guns in victory for NRA

That "Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act" is going to bite us in the butt in the future if it gets passed.

It will lead to the Federal Government setting standards for who can and can not get a carry permit.

It reinforces the idea that you even need a permit to carry a gun.

Why does the NRA want this?

I'm afraid that ship has sailed. The government is dictating more and more of our lives... You have to buy health care (unless you are part of the congressional elite), You can't buy incandescent lights, the list goes on... At least if you can get a CCW permit in your home state, you can travel to God forbidden places like Commiefornian and legally tote this way.

I understand the idea on the surface but...

What about the different standards that various states have in say :
Training for concealed carry , or the not needing of any training to carry...
What is a valid state ID?...
How about the guns themselves...some guns and magazines are legal in some states , but not in others...
Just how many exceptions or what various addendum will be added to the Bill if it passes?...
This could be a easy step to making all gun laws the same in each state...so it might make the gun laws more restrictive...

With that said I may not be the best to comment on this , as I have a dislike for needing a license or permission to carry concealed.
Just how does one carry method make a difference?
I can open carry here in Washington..but if I cover my pistol with a shirt or jacket , I now need a license or permission to carry the same pistol....Doesn't make sense to me.
I am still carrying my firearm...I am causing no harm to myself or others...In fact I am bearing arms...and as I have said before , if I have to ask permission to exercise my 2nd Amendment right , it smacks of infringement , in my eyes.
Andy

House to Vote on National Gun-Carry Reciprocity, Background Check Fix Bill this Week

The House of Representatives will vote on national gun-carry reciprocity and gun background check fix bills this week.

The Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 and the Fix NICS Act will be combined and likely voted on Wednesday, a GOP aide told the Washington Free Beacon Monday.

See also Similar Threads:
Reciprocity passes 1st hurdle

National - House takes up bill allowing concealed carry across state lines

For those worried that this will pass this session,............... don't, certain RINO's will never let this get through the Senate. They will do exactly like they did with the repeal of Obamacare; support it until it will actually get signed into law, then vote against it. SSDD.

Ray

Facebook post -

Congressman Thomas Massie

" Claim: National Concealed Carry Will Be Linked With Feinstein-Schumer Bill.
Maybe that's a fair trade for reciprocity, maybe not."

"If our House leadership insists on bringing the flawed fix-NICS bill to the floor, they shouldn't play games. We should vote separately on HR 38, the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Bill, and HR 4477, the fix-NICS bill. And we should be given enough time to amend the fix-NICS bill, because it needs to be fixed, if not axed." -- Rep Thomas Massie

H.R. 38 - Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017
H.R. 38—Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 | House Committee on Rules

HR 4477
Markup of H.R. 38; H.R. 4477; and H.R. 2666 - House Judiciary Committee
NADLER'S STATEMENT ON THE "FIX NICS ACT OF 2017"
https://judiciary.house.gov/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/HR-__-Fix-NICS.pdf

How about the guns themselves...some guns and magazines are legal in some states , but not in others...

That is an interesting question. In reading the text, other than carrying machine-guns and destructive devices which are not protected under this statute, there is language that appears to provide protection for someone carrying a firearm legal in his/her state, but not in the other:

(c) (1) A person who carries or possesses a concealed handgun in accordance with subsections (a) and (b) may not be arrested or otherwise detained for violation of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof related to the possession, transportation, or carrying of firearms unless there is probable cause to believe that the person is doing so in a manner not provided for by this section. Presentation of facially valid documents as specified in subsection (a) is prima facie evidence that the individual has a license or permit as required by this section.

Facebook post -

Congressman Thomas Massie

" Claim: National Concealed Carry Will Be Linked With Feinstein-Schumer Bill.
Maybe that's a fair trade for reciprocity, maybe not."

"If our House leadership insists on bringing the flawed fix-NICS bill to the floor, they shouldn't play games. We should vote separately on HR 38, the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Bill, and HR 4477, the fix-NICS bill. And we should be given enough time to amend the fix-NICS bill, because it needs to be fixed, if not axed." -- Rep Thomas Massie

H.R. 38 - Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017
H.R. 38—Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 | House Committee on Rules

HR 4477
Markup of H.R. 38; H.R. 4477; and H.R. 2666 - House Judiciary Committee
NADLER'S STATEMENT ON THE "FIX NICS ACT OF 2017"
https://judiciary.house.gov/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/HR-__-Fix-NICS.pdf
I had the privilege of having Thomas Massie as my rep for a brief period of time.

He is what Rand Paul should be, and he's a huge Star Wars fan!

So if I read this right I can not legally transport inside my locked BOB in the "non accessible" rear of my baby Suzuki Suicide Jeep a legally own able in OR automatic rifle?

EDIT: A legal to own with a severe FBI background check and a $200 buck tax stamp license fee.

But I can possess and cross State Borders what other stuff? The ongoing problem crossing over from SW OR USA to SW OR USA is that we must, EDITt MIGHT) drive through NW CA.

General NFA stuff which MAY not be recognizable or allowed by State Police, the CHP or local law enforcement agencies? How much does this law actually help us?

Edit: NFA: National Firearms Act. Old. Dictates Fed view on fully automatic weapons)

What about high cap mags? Night vision on the rifle? All sorts of stuff not addressed by the bill like blow guns, AP T and IN ammo? Potato Guns? Plus much other?

Last Edited:
this will turn out like that screwing america got with "obama care" you vote for it now and once they determine the flaws and contradictions between states and the adjustments to accommodate the anti states.....you find out later its a different animal entirely & its screwing you too

That "Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act" is going to bite us in the butt in the future if it gets passed.

It will lead to the Federal Government setting standards for who can and can not get a carry permit.

It reinforces the idea that you even need a permit to carry a gun.

Why does the NRA want this?
I agree 100%.

One of the most basic methods used by the enemy of freedom is to after-the-fact a law has been passed is to "reflect upon the weaknesses" of that passed law and proclaim to the world the "errors" made in that passed law then convene in private, "needful clarifications and improvements in that passed law". Worse treason than the first law. Yep.

The only problem is that the amended law is worse than the passed law. Old trick. Learned by the Commies 100 years ago? And what happens to the elected officials who mess with a bad passed law making it worse? Nothing. Nothing at all. They get applauded. In a saner reality they would quickly go up against the wall. A saner world is not available to us.

Yep. Twelve, (12) rifles aimed right at their hearts. It would only hurt for a few moments. Maybe a minute, (60 seconds) if they were really pumped up and terrified? The just blackness. Their lights go out forever. Hard to imagine dead.

Last Edited:
Instapundit » Blog Archive » NOT SO FAST ON THAT NATIONAL CONCEALED CARRY RECIPROCITY BILL: Legislation mandating 50-state recogn…

NOT SO FAST ON THAT NATIONAL CONCEALED CARRY RECIPROCITY BILL: Legislation mandating 50-state recognition of concealed carry permits is making its way through Congress, much to the delight of gun owners and Second Amendment defenders. But Rep. Thomas Massie, R-KY, tells LifeZette's Jim Stinson the proposal contains a bad bargain.

"They're going to get a little bit of gun control in the mix with it," Massie told Stinson. "States and federal agencies will be coerced to put more names in the database." How can that be? Well, the Senate version of the proposal is co-sponsored by Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-CA., and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer of New York. They want to give $625 million to states to expand the National Instant Criminal Background Check (NCIS) database.

Stinson reports that Massie "is perplexed as to why Republican leadership in the House and the Senate is rushing to enhance NICS, when former President Barack Obama used the system to bar gun ownership based on what Social Security reported to the database on mental disabilities. Massie said he even suspects concealed carry could be stripped out of the final bill, the apparent aim of Feinstein and Schumer all along."

Stinson said Gun Owners of America (GOA) opposes the Senate measure. The NRA backs the House version of the proposal.

NRA Blasts Misleading Claims Made About Gun Background Check Bill Ahead of House Vote

The Fix NICS Act was combined with the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 on Tuesday ahead of an expected vote on the House floor Wednesday. The Fix NICS provisions now contained in the combined bill establish incentives for states and federal agencies to better comply with current law on reporting disqualifying criminal and mental health records to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). They also include punishments, such as stripping bonuses from political appointees, for states and agencies that don't fully comply.

It passed the house...........

National Gun-Carry Reciprocity Bill Passes the House
Free Beacon said:
A national gun-carry reciprocity bill passed the House of Representatives on Wednesday.

The Concealed Carry National Reciprocity Act of 2017 made it through the house vote with 231 yes votes, 198 no votes, and 5 congressmen not voting. An overwhelming number of Republicans, 225, voted for the bill while 14 Republicans voted no and one did not vote. Most Democrats, 184, voted against the bill while six Democrats voted yes and three did not vote.

Ray

Personal Observation And Rant ... Emotional ... Subjective ...

Yep. It apparently passed the House. It also apparently makes the failed NICS check system WORSE? Somebody please explain this to me how that is good. And ... we need to know that AGAIN the august NRA was for all of this. Again. Are you better off NOW than you were back in 1968? Just how much goodness from the NRA can we stand? Just saying.

Sometimes the biggest enemies of freedom stand right up in plain sight. Why does treason prosper? Because none dare call it treason.

Rant complete. I am uptset right now. :(

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top